The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Hockey Thread

Okay, that's not a discussion; that's an act of aggression! ;<)
Guessing you figured I'm a diehard Lightning fan.
One could guess... I have been Avalanche fan forever! Not just a fan because they won the cup either.

Going adrift here but... okay.

When the Bolts won the first cup (2nd but the first recent one) people took notice. When they win the next year everyone was a Lightning fan. That chaps my backside...curséd fake fans.

Can I interest anyone in a discussion about hockey????
My Favorite Sweaters of all Time (of course the one I own is when they were the Brampton Brigade)

1676980680278.jpeg

They drink green tea….

and of course the greatest hockey team ever

1676980772017.jpeg

They drink Orange Pekoe

Minor league is fun to watch and cheap. We go to Jacksonville Icemen games.sometimes. We also go to preseason NHL games for that reasonPXL_20221008_201221330.jpg
These were our seats at a Lightning vs Panthers preseason game. Those seats were $156.00 each. Right now, the closest seats to those are $350.00.

I started watching the Bears as a kid for several reasons - they were local, they were (at the time) the farm system for the Philadelphia Flyers (my fav NHL team), and exactly like you say - a great bang for the buck for the entertainment. In their old area, which was so cool because it gave you that “Wrigley Field” or “Fenway” experience - but it had that thing - that just made it so neat - that piece of history - and tickets were $8 for the “nose bleeds” which really not a bad seat in the house. We couldn’t afford Flyers tickets back then - and even if we could - they were sold out from the start of pre-season - so you almost had to get tickets from the likes of Ticket master or scalpers.

Unfortunately - I don’t remember if they had tea at the concession stand 😂

Perhaps someone should post a hockey thread...
But how would we include you? Do they even have hockey in Utah? I mean we know that they don’t have a college football team of any repute…….besides - we were speaking of favorite $900/lb teas that hockey players drink

Posted just for the enlightenment of @CVargo

Here are the two greatest hockey teams of all time….

The Philadelphia Flyers

They were given the monicker Broad Street Bullies. Back in the ‘73-‘74 season and again in ‘74-‘75, they demonstrated that no one would be better Stanley Cup Champions than them - no one has come close since.

Here are my favorite Flyers of all-time: Rod Brind’Amour and Rick Tocchet.

1676990431525.jpeg1676990497597.png

Heck, they even had a comic book made about them - to spread the joy of Philly hockey to all the girls and boys. They even made beating the Russians cool - even before the “Miracle on Ice.”

1676990572893.png1676990603711.gif

Here are the Hershey Bears. Previously, they were the farm club to the Philadelphia Flyers before being a farm club was cool. They have one 11 AHL Championships - essentially they are the Yankees of the AHL. They’ve been in 23 championship series. They sometimes eat chocolate.

Here are the Bears winning and another of their coolest uni’s.

1676990721343.jpeg

1676990984334.jpeg

Not sure there is anything more to say about hockey.

Last edited:
all thread condensed to this one. Lets make sure we know what fora these things belong in Thanks

Sorry, I had gotten distracted……I was counting the Phoenix Coyote fans in the stands…….in case anyone wants to know the answer…..It’s 5 (for the season)

I'm pretty sure I'm related, somehow, to the namesake of this trophy.
cut.jpg

Back