The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Hockey Thread

I'm pretty sure I'm related, somehow, to the namesake of this trophy.
cut.jpg
Well…..there is an argument to be made, even outside of your name- that is for the best goalie - and your monicker is Spider. Spiders make webs to catch things. Hockey Goals have webbing.

Well…..there is an argument to be made, even outside of your name- that is for the best goalie - and your monicker is Spider. Spiders make webs to catch things. Hockey Goals have webbing.
So much kissing up for the first day of bingo.

Sorry, I had gotten distracted……I was counting the Phoenix Coyote fans in the stands…….in case anyone wants to know the answer…..It’s 5 (for the season)
Again you are wholly misinformed. I am a penguin fan

Again you are wholly misinformed. I am a penguin fan
That‘s worse…..Mario Le Pew…..Sidney Crybaby Crosby? And I have been saying you have an affinity to penguins (or at least one) all day - I’d ready my shave blog- I have proof.

That‘s worse…..Mario Le Pew…..Sidney Crybaby Crosby? And I have been saying you have an affinity to penguins (or at least one) all day - I’d ready my shave blog- I have proof.
of course a Queen from PhilacamdeJersy would say that

The Vezina huh? My boy Vasi is a Vezina winner. The Big Cat. He's in the top ten in every category every year. Kevin Weeks is quoted as saying Andrei Vasilevskiy will go down in history as one the top 5 goalies of all time. That's why I wear the great 88.103427.jpeg

I’m not a big sports fan, and I don’t watch hockey often, but it is my favorite sport to watch. Grew up with a big hockey family in Michigan though, so we like watching the Wings!

1677075248822.jpeg

I'm one that is not wed to any one sport and usually not any. But I find them all interesting once you know more of the history of the team and what each game means in terms of outcome. There was even one year somehow I got into following the women's Olympic Softball team. So there was a time I followed the Sharks. I know they were doing well during that time and I still have a game-worn jersey in a closet somewhere. I would have to say, it is one of the more fun sports to watch, especially in person. I heard rumor though that they don't allow fights like they once did, so that takes something out of it.

Here’s my daughter getting ready for her first Sharks game 16 years ago.

2B0FF86F-3137-4284-9425-1326DD14A775.jpeg

And then during the game
38E9AE7B-B631-46B6-BD2D-E5C18DA5DE30.jpeg

I'm one that is not wed to any one sport and usually not any. But I find them all interesting once you know more of the history of the team and what each game means in terms of outcome. There was even one year somehow I got into following the women's Olympic Softball team. So there was a time I followed the Sharks. I know they were doing well during that time and I still have a game-worn jersey in a closet somewhere. I would have to say, it is one of the more fun sports to watch, especially in person. I heard rumor though that they don't allow fights like they once did, so that takes something out of it.

Here’s my daughter getting ready for her first Sharks game 16 years ago.

View attachment 105686

And then during the game
View attachment 105687
Sweet story my brother! And you daughter witnessed greatness in sport early on! Though based on the second picture - maybe she wasn’t that impressed or the excitement was so overwhelming that she passed out 😂

I heard rumor though that they don't allow fights like they once did, so that takes something out of it.
They tried to take out the fighting and the fans hated it and viewing and attendance dropped through the floor so they backed off on that. Instead now they made changes in the way they handle it. It achieved what boxing did with the standing 8 count and the TKO. They let them fight until it comes to a standstill or stop it if one player is getting out of hand or if one gets hurt. Also they implemented fines and suspensions for unsafe actions. On notable example was Zack Kassian while playing with the Oilers a few years ago was in a heap with two other players including Erik Cernak and while lying on the ice kicked him with a stomping motion in the chest with the blade of his skate. Even though he did not get a penalty during the game after review he got a seven game suspension by the department of player safety and given hefty fines, almost $170,000.

The rivalry between the Red Wings and the Avalanche in the late 90s was EPIC.

Especially this game, where at 1:31:00 the two goalies, Patrick Roy & Chris Osgood, got into the brawl!

I think I've established my undying love for the Vegas Golden Knights...

If we could just get a healthy team for one full season...

Back