The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC First Anniversary Brush

Don’t listen to the naysayers Rich! Some of us wanted to see what the goodies were right away!

It’s pretty much standard practice, but gents who got Badger knots will find the knot really opens up and the color of the bristles may lighten a shade or two with a good couple of cleaning lathers. Mine really really puffed up!

It’s pretty much standard practice, but gents who got Badger knots will find the knot really opens up and the color of the bristles may lighten a shade or two with a good couple of cleaning lathers. Mine really really puffed up!
How was the funk on your badger Rich?

I got my package yesterday, I love the way it turned out and my wife really liked the samples included. She thought the bar soap provided by @LNHC smelled great and likes her packaging (Lisa always does a great job with presentation). The Coconut Sandalwood sample @Mystic Water included also got praised by the peanut gallery. @Joe Hackett included a sample of his Sandalwood EdT, my wife immediately proclaimed it a success. I am particular about the Sandalwood scents I like, joe’s version is the kind I like, not quite Mysore but along the same vein (with some spice not overly creamy).

My badger knot was indeed a bit funky but most of the funk washed out with plain water. A few rounds with the brush cleaner and all the funk was gone and all the shedding was done. I think the knot was set perfectly, still floppy enough for that soft luxurious face feel but with enough backbone to get the job done. I’ve really become a fan of badger brushes, this one will fit in nicely.

Back