The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Family Pets Thread

So this past weekend, I traded my horse for another one. My wife’s horse is the one that is mostly black. And it’s a full size horse, not a pony.

The grey horse is my new one and it’s a Percheron. I think that’s French for “Big Freakin’ Horse”. You measure a horse at the withers, which is the top of the shoulder blade. This horse is more than 6 feet at the withers, geeeez. No way the missus can get on this one without a ladder. But she wanted me to get it, so …

003A5166-EC3A-4596-9089-D45FBA4D3367.jpeg

So this past weekend, I traded my horse for another one. My wife’s horse is the one that is mostly black. And it’s a full size horse, not a pony.

The grey horse is my new one and it’s a Percheron. I think that’s French for “Big Freakin’ Horse”. You measure a horse at the withers, which is the top of the shoulder blade. This horse is more than 6 feet at the withers, geeeez. No way the missus can get on this one without a ladder. But she wanted me to get it, so …

View attachment 71427
ahh one remembers the money pits, and after not riding... huge dogs, tac, and Hay OMG the cost of hay, I will live vicariously through you, LOL

ahh one remembers the money pits, and after not riding... huge dogs, tac, and Hay OMG the cost of hay, I will live vicariously through you, LOL
Thankfully we have a friend that sells us hay at cost. He doesn’t make money on us, we pay to have it cut and rolled and he gets the tax write-off. It’s a win win.

Plus, our bug-out vehicles just need grass and water. We can cover diverse terrain and never look for a gas station.

I was thinking the SAME thing. We enjoyed our horses but I enjoy the freedom and extra funds NOT having them in the barn brings. As you know, my last horse was a small one, sized more for the wife and kids to enjoy than ME. I could barely get myself on that little beast, I know I would never get on your MASSIVE horse @MilkCrate ...well, unless I had a milkcrate or two.

I didn’t get any photos or videos but my buddy (cowboy) decided he would help me unwrap all my gifts. He would very purposely bite and pull until he had the paper off, then he would carefully inspect the bounty beneath. It was quite the site.
6E175666-5AFA-4250-AA25-D87BD19FCE0B.jpeg

He’s also really taken to going with us in the Jeep for outdoor adventure.
9059150D-A1B7-4D05-9102-55CA6962C229.jpeg

Back