The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Trials of a woodpusher: Adventures in chess, backyard gardening, and maybe whisker chopping

Mar.31 Injector I2/Personna(5) ..... Omega boar, Sue ...... Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

Another month is in the books and it has flown by. March saw 24 SE shaves with my injector, 6 shaves with my ASD2, and I missed one the day I had a wisdom tooth extracted. Once would have thought I was *ahem* wise enough to have shaved before visiting the dentist, but apparently not.

Today's pre-laundry shave was pretty good and marked the end of the week with the Omega boar. Back to my Eagle G2 tomorrow!

Apr.04 Injector I2/Personna(9) ...... Eagle G2 .................. Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

Snow on the car after last night's pub dinner with our friends! Welcome to April!

Morning yoga was followed by a noonish shave, which went exactly as expected (meh). Bridge this afternoon and then chess club this evening, but I'm not sure if I will go or not. We're having two Grandmasters come in to lecture and provide a Q&A as the Candidates tournaments (yes, plural ... both open and women's are being held the same time and the same place for the very first time) are ongoing in Toronto (just down the road) starting today.

Apr.05 Injector I2/Personna(10) .... Eagle G2 .................. Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

A 10am shave this morning as we enter the last few days before vacation. Heading out for some minor groceries to tide us over until we leave and then it's time for me to start laying aside what I think I will be packing. It should be easy enough for me to have things ready in under an hour. the adventure begins when it's time to try to fit everything of ours in to our carry-ons as we're not doing any checked baggage.

A walk with out buddies is scheduled for later this afternoon and, unless we do a last minute one Saturday or Sunday, it will be our last for two weeks. Of course, my wife and I will be doing PLENTY of walking in Portugal!

Apr.05 Injector I2/Personna(10) .... Eagle G2 .................. Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

A 10am shave this morning as we enter the last few days before vacation. Heading out for some minor groceries to tide us over until we leave and then it's time for me to start laying aside what I think I will be packing. It should be easy enough for me to have things ready in under an hour. the adventure begins when it's time to try to fit everything of ours in to our carry-ons as we're not doing any checked baggage.

A walk with out buddies is scheduled for later this afternoon and, unless we do a last minute one Saturday or Sunday, it will be our last for two weeks. Of course, my wife and I will be doing PLENTY of walking in Portugal!
Almost there! :cool:

giphy.gif

Apr.07 Injector I2/Personna(12) .... Eagle G2 .................. Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

Final home shave for the next two weeks and , as expected, it was .... meh!

My Yaqi Sagrada synth will accompany my Musgo and Clubman milk, paired up with some Schick Xtreme-3s to address the whisker whacking. Flight looks to be on time and by this time tomorrow, I should be feasting on supper in Portugal (as it is +5 hours to ET).

Apr.07 Injector I2/Personna(12) .... Eagle G2 .................. Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

Final home shave for the next two weeks and , as expected, it was .... meh!

My Yaqi Sagrada synth will accompany my Musgo and Clubman milk, paired up with some Schick Xtreme-3s to address the whisker whacking. Flight looks to be on time and by this time tomorrow, I should be feasting on supper in Portugal (as it is +5 hours to ET).
Oh I'm not buy your 'meh' you're excited to only be 4 hours away from me and you know it!

How many fish balls till you’re full? I’ll bet they’re really small. 🤔
Indeed, I did! ... and in Portuguese! Except for the Super Bock, we have this quite often at our local joint.

In almost 2 weeks in Portugal, I did NOT have fish for only 4 meals (not counting the hotel breakfasts which did not serve any!).

Indeed, I did! ... and in Portuguese! Except for the Super Bock, we have this quite often at our local joint.

In almost 2 weeks in Portugal, I did NOT have fish for only 4 meals (not counting the hotel breakfasts which did not serve any!).
See, I am zonked .... quoted your wrong post, Bruce! LOL

My shaves on vacation in Portugal were very nick and I the later was quick and awesome! Must be something in the water as I only needed about 1/2 a peanut to have more than enough for my two passes and still rinse some down the drain. I brought two carts with me and used each for 6 shaves on my 12 days in the land of wonderful fish dinners, excellent beer, and some of the friendliest people on the go.
Schick Xtreme-3 ............ Yaqi Sagrada, synth .. Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk

Apr.20 ASD2/Astra SP1(1) ............ EJ STF, synth ............ Musgo Real, Lavender ......... Clubman milk
I just had a shower and quick 2-pass shave with my ASD2 and am doing my best to stay up until 10pm to try to convert my body back to local time and adjust from the 5 hour difference. Both my wife and I are totally loopy with jet lag, but at least I managed to get the laundry done!

Ummm, my shaves were nice (not "nick") and the lather (not "later") was quick and awesome. I also didn't shave with a 1/2 a peanut but that was my dollop size of cream after about 4 days in. I *might* be more coherent tomorrow. 🤷‍♂️

Back