The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Toothpaste

I got all the way to hitting submit til I realized the shipping made it less of a deal. Still cheaper though!

Man I wish I had teeth, when I did I used the Marvis blue one. Then the bottom Chiclets got removed so you can't use regular toothpaste or so I was told. Have a tube of Acca Kappa now. Top plate going in December and it will be polident from then on...

Man I wish I had teeth, when I did I used the Marvis blue one. Then the bottom Chiclets got removed so you can't use regular toothpaste or so I was told. Have a tube of Acca Kappa now. Top plate going in December and it will be polident from then on...
But your still savvy 😉

not straight charcoal but my wife did pack a charcoal toothpaste for a trip a few times. Sounds like it can be good for your teeth once in a while but if you used it every day it's wear through the enamel as it's way more abrasive than standard toothpaste.

I started using Boka not quite a year ago; my first cleaning after starting to use it, the hygienist asked what I was doing different, as there wasn't nearly as much buildup for her to clean, and my teeth were whiter. The last time (6 mos later) she commented again, and said it was better than the last time, and my appointment was done in half the time. It's fluoride free. and is working great with my sensitivity. (I was using Sensodyne before.)

Anyone try charcoal? In a survival pinch it might work, but not sure I'd want to do it every day.

View attachment 30433

have used several Charcoal based toothpastes and they do indeed look like this. Had to pitch a tube that seemed to be self re-filling and would leave a friggin mess all over the bathroom everytime my step son used it lol. Made it magically disapear like a true Wizard hahaha.

Still waiting on a tube of Vicco Toothpaste that my GF got me for xmas. Aduvardic toothpastes are really cool and have some intersting ingredients. Its fun to experiment with obscure products since many of us branch out besides shave gear to encompass other hygiene products. Part of the adventure!

I've been stuck on Marvis since I tried it. Mostly because I enjoy the metal tubes.

I'm at a point where my gums require a lot of attention. I go back and forth with toothpaste, but I'd better settle on what would help me the MOST. I do fine with Baking Soda brands(Arm&Hammer,, Colgate). As for the rinse-Gum Health.

Back