The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Wine Cellar

Tonight I pulled out one of the “special occasion” wines to just have a nice evening without kids and no packing.

Named after our first-born daughter, Cuvée Katrina Eileen is primarily composed of fruit from a vineyard in the Western Hills of Yountville, where yields are miniscule. The extremely rocky soil of the vineyard produces concentrated clusters of perfectly ripened Cabernet Sauvignon. In German, the name “Katrina” represents purity and fittingly, this wine is made entirely from the Cabernet Sauvignon grape, providing a pure expression of this decadent varietal. It also reflects our daughter’s personality with flavors that are complex, unreserved and expressive.

B510E82D-68AA-4A2D-B69C-DA62D9B485CF.jpeg
4B3D3DC5-553D-4EB6-AABE-E540A680D459.jpeg
DA329BF4-7CCD-44E3-A883-A16A4F1FEDE0.jpeg

Clearly the twist spout because it’s easier to hold your cup and open the spout with one hand if you’re holding a paper plate loaded with ranch dip and veggies. 😁

Took my wife to a fancy dinner for Valentine's yesterday. It had wine pairing with each course. I learned I can like a Cabernet. Especially when served with ribeye cooked rare with crab and butter all over it!

Took my wife to a fancy dinner for Valentine's yesterday. It had wine pairing with each course. I learned I can like a Cabernet. Especially when served with ribeye cooked rare with crab and butter all over it!
Boom acid and fat = delicious

Clearly the twist spout because it’s easier to hold your cup and open the spout with one hand if you’re holding a paper plate loaded with ranch dip and veggies. 😁

I like myself a veggie plate as well. Only my veggie plate has a big pile of Buffalo Wings, a small cup of blue cheese dressing and a few celery sticks. It's all about the wings.

Gonna try this tonight. I think this will be first wine from Napa. This a good one Dave?
IMG_20200314_112716855.jpg

Back