The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Wild West Show - Jim's Shaving Journal

WildWest74

Could be John Wayne
I plan to start scribin' my ramblings about the shaves I get to do, and this looks like the best place to start!

Currently I am rocking a playoff beard for my Boston Bruins as they compete in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but I will have the occasional neck shave to post about.

Watch this space!

Dagwoodz said:
Look forward to it Jim!!

Thanks, Josh!

Cvargo said:
Beard??? What's a beard?

It a source of power in ice hockey, both for the players and for the fans!

Smattayu said:
Welcome to the journals, Jim!

Thanks, Eric! Happy to be here.

cmh737 said:
Good to see ya, Jim!

And gotta love the Stanley Cup playoffs!

Thanks, Chris! I am glad I found you guys. And the NHL playoffs are my favorite time of the year in sports.

NurseDave said:
It covers up the weepers

That too...

Quijote said:
Welcome Jim.

Thanks, Don!

Looking forward to reading about your adventures here Jim!

Welcome to the journals!

Can't wait to hear about your shaves here Jim. Since the Penguins don't have a chance at a threepeat, it might as well be the Bruins.

DocHoliday0831 said:
I for one am glad to see you here my GTB brother!

Thanks, TJ! I actually rocked the GTB for my neck shave on Sunday, along with the AS and EdP, since the premier of Westworld Season 2 was on tap. We recorded it on DVR to watch this week, so I was in a cowboy mood!

CBLindsay said:
Look forward to the tales you will tell.

Thanks, Chris!

clyde72 said:
Looking forward to reading about your adventures here Jim!

Welcome to the journals!

Thanks, Craig!

McVeyMac said:
Can't wait to hear about your shaves here Jim. Since the Penguins don't have a chance at a threepeat, it might as well be the Bruins.

Thanks, Walt! Although, the Pens still look plenty dangerous after knocking out the Flyers. I fully expect them to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals, at least.

Xenostr8shaver said:
Catching up Jim, Look forward to your reads

Thanks, Dave! BTW, I am digging the new moniker. Takes me back to the old days of playing the Aliens RPG (Pencil and Paper, not this video game stuff that passes for RPGs nowadays).

Howdy, pards!

It's been a few days since I checked in, and with the beard cleanup shaves I haven't had much to report. I did break out the GTB last weekend, and last night I made a last-minute call to break out the Phoenix & Beau Whitechapel. Doc Holliday always makes quick work of the whiskers, so only doing my neck and upper cheeks is always a quick journey, and this stuff smells almost too good to waste on such a short shave, but I enjoyed it.

I need to take a pic, but I did get a new brush gifted to me by Russell Barton of Wild West Shaving Co. He started selling his own hand turned brushes as Raven Brush Works, and sent me a handle to pair with a 22mm Timber Wolf synthetic knot I had picked up from Maggards. It's willow, and the shape is great. I will share a pic very soon, and it is a terrific performer.

Headed back to PA for the weekend to attend a wedding for SWMBO's cousin, and hopefully the Bruins stay alive in the playoffs long enough to keep this beard going until June!

Back