The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

The reapers were grown in a pot, in partial shade on my deck so animals wouldnt eat the plant.
Well, that could be the reason right there. Peppers love long, hot days with plenty of sunlight, and that's part of what makes them produce more capsaicin. Also, plants will produce hotter peppers if their soil is allowed to dry out from time to time. Possibly kept in a pot, they got watered more often than if in the ground? But I'm guessing the shade was the major culprit. I'll be growing Reapers next year. We'll see if mine are any different.

KJ says I can wait until my tolerance is at a more acceptable level.
I only said it was possible to build up a tolerance..... not that you should wait until you did. If we waited until you built up a tolerance, we'd most likely all be dead (and the chip would certainly be stale!)

Well, that could be the reason right there. Peppers love long, hot days with plenty of sunlight, and that's part of what makes them produce more capsaicin. Also, plants will produce hotter peppers if their soil is allowed to dry out from time to time. Possibly kept in a pot, they got watered more often than if in the ground? But I'm guessing the shade was the major culprit. I'll be growing Reapers next year. We'll see if mine are any different.
Yeppers. I knew they wouldn't get the stress they needed for ultimate heat, but I was just happy to get pods at all this year. I do look foward to what you can do with them.

Back