The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

Jalappeño I can eat, but I really don't like the taste of them. So I know I can handle that much heat, but the flavor is awful IMO.
im right there with you, and that’s part of the reason they aren’t a part of my challenge.

But once you get to Habanero, and Ghost or hotter, the flavor is amazing. Just smelling one is enough to tell you that the flavor is different. I love scorpion peppers in chili.

im right there with you, and that’s part of the reason they aren’t a part of my challenge.

But once you get to Habanero, and Ghost or hotter, the flavor is amazing. Just smelling one is enough to tell you that the flavor is different. I love scorpion peppers in chili.
That gentlemen, is a lie. I’ve fallen for this lie more than once. Unless your find the taste of your own flesh braised in salty tears, peppers don’t tase better the hotter they get. ...and liver DOES NOT taste any better if it is soaked in buttermilk and sautéed with onions.

That gentlemen, is a lie. I’ve fallen for this lie more than once. Unless your find the taste of your own flesh braised in salty tears, peppers don’t tase better the hotter they get. ...and liver DOES NOT taste any better if it is soaked in buttermilk and sautéed with onions.

These I tend to agree with. Don't like liver at all no matter how you make it, and I can't taste things that are too hot because my mouth is just on fire.
I'm sure the peppers probably do have flavor as a spice. Where they are added to something and not just the raw inferno in your mouth with nothing to dilute it.

Great video KJ! I need to run to a couple different grocery stores to make sure I can get a variety of peppers...but I will get videos up this weekend! I'll try to get at least one up tomorrow and get it posted here! This is great!

I actually like liver! If I was asked for a last meal...it would be liver and onions cooked in bacon grease!

I am about as pathetic as can be when it comes to eating things that cause me pain but I figured I would support KJs challenge in the only way I know how ...by cheating.
https://youtu.be/tCpIL-M6G_k
As a follow up it is worth mentioning I feel pretty good now. Maybe I’ll try a orange wrinkley pepper next.

I figured I would support KJs challenge in the only way I know how ...by cheating.
Chris, I really appreciate the effort of playing along. And I appreciate the science experiment! That was pretty cool, and to an extent, it actually worked. You had me cracking up and I really enjoyed it. But, as you said, you cheated, so I can’t count it to progress me to the next level, but I still appreciate it just the same.

And who gave you super glue???
This guy...already talking about minimizing the experience...
1f602.png
I’m not trying to diminish the experience of the challenge! But when I cook, I know not everyone likes it as hot as me. Just passing along some tips!

Oh man Chris, my family was suffering right along with you. Pretty entertaining.

Good sport Chris................well sorta. Pepper, cooling agent, super glue and tissues. You had me cracking up and you may........almost have pushed me to want to get in on this somewhat. Not quite there as I don't care for a bunch of heat. Also like you said, it's not just the going down that is the issue. There is that next day issue as well.....

Jalapenos are the worst for me in that regard, that’s the other reason I chose to skip them for my challenge.
Ahh, strategizing....... I have an idea for doing this in a video. Depends on time home and store selection. I am known for saying no way and getting dragged into the ensuing madness. Only for my shave bretheren.......

Hey...I'm going to just put this out there. I hear some of you say that you don't like heat. Well, that's kind of the point. If all the videos are going to be like KJ's Serrano peppers then what's the point. We want to see you cringe, watery eyes, snot running from your nose... ?. So...suck it up Sally and crunch on a pepper!

So those little Thai Chilis someone brought those into work. THEY claimed they are about as hot as a jalepeno and that I should try one! Stupid me... OKAYY!!!! Guess what it is HOTTER than a jalepeno. My mouth was on FIRE!! I ran upstairs to a break room that has a wider variety of food like pre-made sandwiches etc. There was no milk all sold out! I bought a giant thing of yogurt and practically chugged it! I hated it!

Now see if this was salsa i'd be all gung ho. But biting into a pepper that is goign to ruin my mouth. I dunno. I don't even like biting into a jalepeno unless it is stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon!

Back