The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Mystery Traveling Box

I am in please for the handle PIF.

Thanks for the pass around KJ! I liked the format with the shave and none shave related stuff. I am in for round 2 when it starts.

Kinda happy that three of the items you indicated you were going to hang on to came from me. I'd say we have similar tastes....but I'd also point out that your haircut is the exact opposite of mine. So do with that info as you see fit.

So I'm late to the party, also known as right on time*.

So first of all thanks @Spider for taking the time to organize this, and for the initial fill of the box! You're the man sir! I honestly think I had the most fun watching everyone else make their pics. Also, the travels of Flat Spider were pretty great!

Was the order of the pass good? Basically going in order across the country, or would you rather it be completely random?
I think doing a random order could be fun, but going in line across the country worked just fine.

Were you satisfied with the quality of the goods inside the box? Was there too much of any certain category of goods? Or not enough? What do you wish (generally speaking) there was more of in the box (or had been in there at all)? Obviously it's going to change as it goes, but this will help me better stock it from the get go.
I was actually surprised at how good the quality was of most of the items. At my point in its travels, the variety of items seemed to be pretty well balanced.

What are your thoughts on samples in the box? I saw a lot of samples go in, but not a lot of samples go out. DO you like seeing sampels in the box? If there are samples, do you use them, or do you just sniff them and keep them in the box?
I'm not big on using samples individually, but there were a few that were in there that I had been curious about scent-wise. So it worked out for me that I was able to check out the scent.

Are Non-shaving items ok? (fountian pens, knives, playing cards, bottle openers, cigars, etc) Or would you rather it be full of strictly shaving items?
The non-shaving items were a lot of fun! I would definitely keep this as part of the box.

If you want to participae in the next round of this pass... when would you like to see it start? Not sure how much time off people would like, especially those who just recently had the box.
I would be good with just waiting until after the holidays. I was early on the first go around.

Back