The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Mystery Traveling Box

I work on a military base/arsenal and they have never had issues with any shaving related products at the base post office, however I have had problems at my local post office with after shave, but cologne is okay?? Weird. I usually just use the one on the arsenal and tell them to mark it ground only due to it containing liquids. Hasn't been an issue there.

however I have had problems at my local post office with after shave, but cologne is okay?? Weird.
That's funny, because when my post office looked up the regs for me, they said that cologne was unmailable, but aftershave was OK. Yet, you can order cologne and aftershave all day long and have it delivered to you through the USPS with no issues..... makes no sense.

They didn’t give me any problems when I shipped out all that aftershave a while ago. Didn’t say boo!

They didn’t give me any problems when I shipped out all that aftershave a while ago. Didn’t say boo!
Or when I did an entire pass box that was nothing but aftershave..... nobody had issues sending it around.

:rolleyes: it's my hazmat class all over again. I'm too irritated to use their reasoning. Don't they know who we are?!

I could have shipped ground but that would nullify the flat rate. Shipping would have been $30.
I don't mean you should have paid extra. Flat rate boxes should be able to go ground. I've done it before. And I've been searching their regs and cannot find anything to the contrary.

Back