The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Mystery Traveling Box

Reading that stressed me out! I might need to talk to my PCP about antihypertensives for the next few months. 🤪

One thing to keep in mind, is the structural integrity of the box. Overstuffing will definitely make the box weaker. I did wrap the heck out of it with multiple layers of tape to help keep it from bursting at the seams.... but it may eventually need to be replaced. Also, boxes get stacked, and a bulging box has more of a chance of getting things inside it damaged.

When I sent it out it was slightly bulging, and I intended it to shrink, not grow, LOL. I know we are all very generous folk, but this box is also a chance for us to be a bit greedy.

I know we are all very generous folk, but this box is also a chance for us to be a bit greedy.

This is the problem lol. This is such a great group of generous people. I think just about everyone here is thinking about what they can add rather than what they can take. I think Chad even asked if he could only add to the box. It’s what makes the Cadre such a great place, but it may be the downfall of this box 😂😂😂

Went again to the post office and was told there was too much tape. Went home with a new box and repacked it. I was also told that it was bulged too much but she would let it slide.

So lessons for the forum:
1. You may need a new box because if it covered in too much tape they wont send it.
2. Take more stuff than you put in. They may be issues if you stuff it fuller than it is now.

Long story short...box is on its way to @ShawnF .

You've got to be kidding me..... You have some nazis working at that post office. I was just a part of a box like this on another forum and there was so much tape on it it was near rediculous. Too much tape is not even a thing......

Back