The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Journey of a Blind Squirrel aka Clint's Shave Journal

March 17, 2022
Hone 15S
Feather
Shavemac Beagle 2 Band
AOS Bourbon Shave Cream
Small Batch Shave Tonic “Winter Reserve”

Happy Thursday everyone. Yesterday was just crazy with work and such. I just skipped posting to the journal. It was just the same boring near perfect shave with the OneBlade. I decided to go back with the Hone 15S today. This razor requires a touch more thought than the OneBlade but not that much more thought. Another near perfect shave to start the day. I am trying to knock a few things out so I can visit my daughter Maya in Lexington. I am looking forward to a great weekend with her. I hope everyone as a wonderful Thursday. Take Care.

March 24, 2022
Pils 101NL
Feather
Simpson CH2 Synthetic Bristle
Savonierre du Moulin
Proraso Sandalwood Aftershave

Happy Thursday Everyone. I apologize for my lack of posting. I did go visit my daughter, Maya, in Lexington for a long weekend. Came back to a very busy work week and then had a small unexpected health issue as well. Between the visit and the health hiccup, I even skipped a couple of days shaving. This week has been something already. I am much better today and back closer to full speed. I put away the Hone 15s and pulled out my Pils 101NL. The Pils is one of my favorites. Much like the Feather AS-D2, the Pils has a small sweet spot. When I do my job the shaves are exceptionally close and efficient. I was off my game this morning and ended up with a few operator induced weepers. Oh well, I can try to do better tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great Thursday. Take care.

I hope you had a great time with your daughter and that the health issue is not serious! Here’s to the rest of your week finishing strong!

I hope you had a great time with your daughter and that the health issue is not serious! Here’s to the rest of your week finishing strong!

Hope you get back to 100% soon, Clint.

Thank you Brian and Sam. I had a wonderful time with Maya. I know I am biased since she is my daughter but I really have fun hanging out with her.

Starting on Monday afternoon, I have had an unrelenting headache. The headaches were soon accompanied by dizziness. I just powered through Tuesday but it was much worse yesterday morning. My wife suggested checking my blood pressure which was very high despite taking blood pressure meds on a daily basis. We went to the doctor yesterday and they agreed the BP was entirely too high. So there was no need to go to the hospital, they did recommend changing up my meds. The BP is better this morning but the headaches and dizziness continue at a reduced level. I am afraid I am paying a price now for a misspent youth.

March 25, 2022
WSC/Yates Winning Razor
Feather
Paladin
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Proraso Sandalwood Aftershave

Happy Friday Everyone. Early morning shave with a late afternoon posting. I decided to break out the WSC/Yates Winning razor for a few days. The sweet spot for this razor is very easy to find. So despite little to no blade feel, the Winning razor is fairly efficient. Overall this is an easy razor to use when I am in a rush or stressed out. Overall a great shave this morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

March 26, 2022
Yates 921-M
Feather
Mondial Boar
A&E Bad Habits
Fine Aquamarine
Shave Soap & Aftershave

Happy Saturday. I had all intentions of using the WSC Winning razor for a few days but I just enjoy the Yates so much more. I went with the M plate this morning. This setup has very little blade feel and wide sweet spot. I find it easier to use than the Winning razor. Three passes and a few touch ups caught the baby with ease. Overall a wonderful shave. I have donated blood, gotten a hair cut and ran errands with the wife so far today. That is more productive than I intended. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Back