The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Holy Black Tangerine Creeper

I generally do not agree with the scalping of these items at all. However, there is one argument to be made for the allowance of more than one set per purchase, and that is for people who are doing group buys. I don't see any way to prevent scalpers and still allow group buys, unless the vendor sets up a separate purchase window for those individuals. Not sure what the solution would be aside from saying if you really wanted the product, that waiting by the computer to get yours shouldn't be an obstacle.

Not sure what the solution would be aside from saying if you really wanted the product, that waiting by the computer to get yours shouldn't be an obstacle.
I totally get that, and agree. I have no idea how the sales went down and how fast it sold out. I just wonder if anyone who was up at the time missed out, and maybe could have gotten in if folks hadn’t bought multiples.

If they were in fact available for hours, rather than minutes, then I have less sympathy for those who missed out.

It's all good the Dave from KY. Opinions are meant to be shared. I too wish people wouldn't do it at all. Just buy it if you're going to use it.

In the wine world, there's the same thing. Super high level producers that make very little wine. You can be on a wait list to be able to buy it for years. And people get put on the list just to buy it and flip it for more money to those that can't buy in the first place. Sucks for everyone because it means someone that will actually enjoy it themselves can't get it.

There’s a great video review in the shave videos section!
\n\nI don\'t know if I would call it great!
1f60f.png
\n
Well...how is it? How’s the scent, performance, post shave feel?\ni have to live through you guys on this one.
\n\nIt\'s pretty good. I think I actually did get caught up in the marketing and packaging and the hype. But all in all it\'s a very solid soap and I would place it in Tier 1 of Chad\'s scale. Not elite...but better than most. It really hits all the notes well...and things like slickness and protection I think are exceptional! It\'s better than average on residual slickness and moisturizing, but not the best. The chill factor is out of this world! It\'s not a cold burst in your face...but it really does creep up on you and then stays with you. I haven\'t tested how long the cold stays with you from just the soap...but with a shave with the soap and then followed up with a healthy dose of the aftershave...the chill lasts about 45 minutes in total! The soap and aftershave smell like an Orange Creamsicle to me...perfect for summer. While the scent is pronounced when you are using it...it has absolutely no longevity...both soap and aftershave. This makes it great for shaving just before bed or if you want to go a completely different direction in sent with and EdT or EdP. That is the nuts and bolts of it. Let me know if you have additional questions!

I totally get that, and agree. I have no idea how the sales went down and how fast it sold out. I just wonder if anyone who was up at the time missed out, and maybe could have gotten in if folks hadn’t bought multiples.

If they were in fact available for hours, rather than minutes, then I have less sympathy for those who missed out.

I can tell you exactly how it went down. THB made 300 sets for sale, to go live at 12:00AM on Saturday morning. Because of the limited amount available, they announced to The Holy Black Brotherhood on Instagram that they would actually make the product available at 11:55pm on Friday, five minutes before the official launch. There are 1190 Brotherhood members on IG, so there was already going to be not enough for everyone to get one. That's why I shared the early release here. I think there are only a half dozen or so folks who went in specifically trying to buy them and flip them, but by the time midnight hit the majority of stock was already flying off the site. So, most people who showed up right at midnight ended up losing items from their cart, because the official sellout time was between 12:01 and 12:02.

I think the fact that everyone from this forum who really wanted one (and didn't fall asleep) was able to get one is pretty encouraging. The only folks who didn't were ones who showed up later or had computer freezes, and that made the fact that some folks bought a lot of units sting even more.

I can tell you exactly how it went down. THB made 300 sets for sale, to go live at 12:00AM on Saturday morning. Because of the limited amount available, they announced to The Holy Black Brotherhood on Instagram that they would actually make the product available at 11:55pm on Friday, five minutes before the official launch. There are 1190 Brotherhood members on IG, so there was already going to be not enough for everyone to get one. That's why I shared the early release here. I think there are only a half dozen or so folks who went in specifically trying to buy them and flip them, but by the time midnight hit the majority of stock was already flying off the site. So, most people who showed up right at midnight ended up losing items from their cart, because the official sellout time was between 12:01 and 12:02.

I think the fact that everyone from this forum who really wanted one (and didn't fall asleep) was able to get one is pretty encouraging. The only folks who didn't were ones who showed up later or had computer freezes, and that made the fact that some folks bought a lot of units sting even more.

Thanks Jim! I heard something similar...though probably not as credible as your source!

Anyone else see this on the Bay?? WOW, what a set but dig deep if you want it !!!
Exclusive Tangerine Creeper Soap Aftershave Brush DE Straight Razor Wet Shave

Anyone else see this on the Bay?? WOW, what a set but dig deep if you want it !!!
Exclusive Tangerine Creeper Soap Aftershave Brush DE Straight Razor Wet Shave

I actually know the seller of this. Well sort of. I have conversed with him online several times. He makes shaving brushes, razor handles, and I think pens. HE lives in the same metro area as I do. He is generally respected in the local community here (not that the shaving community in southern Louisiana is a huge one). His Brushes usually go for about $50 to $75...sometimes more. I don/t know about the razor handle or the straight. It looks like he is capitalizing on someone really wanting Tangerine Creeper and selling a whole mess of his stuff to. I think it is high...but with the extra stuff...it might not be as knee jerk as I initially thought.

Back