The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Holy Black Tangerine Creeper

It'll probably sell out in under 30 minutes to an hour. You have to go to the holy black website. Probably make an account as well.
Set up an account with The Holy Black so you have your address set in there already, bookmark the Tangerine Creeper page, and start refreshing at midnight. I believe the Lavender Creeper sold out within an hour when it was released a couple months ago.

This is midnight EST, right?
Thanks guys. I'll have to decide if I want it that bad. Been up since 3 am and we'll see if sleep or Creeper wins out

Well...I have heard all about this Holy Black stuff...I guess I should at least give it a try. The wife is not going to like the credit card statement when she sees it!

This looks very interesting. I was pleasantly surprised that this is a tallow soap. I hope I don't fall asleep at the switch, so to speak.

Well, it's official. I have now purchased my most expensive soap and aftershave combo! Boy, when the wife gets back from vacation I have a feeling I am going to get an ear full!

I was having a hard enough time with the $80 cost...then I get to checkout and they want another $15 for S&H. I hope this stuff is worth it.

Well they sold out by 12:03 so you can always flip it for big bucks if you hate it! I got mine ordered.

And if it is even close the how great Lavender Creeper is, it's definitely worth it.

Well they sold out by 12:03 so you can always flip it for big bucks if you hate it! I got mine ordered.

Wow! That was quick! They really do create their own marketing. I know they had 300 sets and at $80 apiece that's $24,000. I'm not sure what their cost on the product was or the markup...but that's a pretty good pay day for less than 10 minutes.

Woke about 12:20 briefly looked at the clock and rolled over. Just not wanted bad enough I guess. Never got into these stay awake in the middle of the night if you want my product things. You want me to have and use your product, then produce enough to sell it. I know....sour grapes for the loser. I'll have to just enjoy my Holy Black Caswell Massey acquired from a trade. Now at 5:09 it still shows sold out. I look forward to hearing thoughts from you that got some. I'll read with a grain of salt as I know you'll have to convince yourselves it was all worth the hoops you jumped thru as well as the cost. Bright side of things for me is I have a 3 pack of What the Puck coming from the bay...............Dave walks away with his head hung low to another area of the forum.............

Woke about 12:20 briefly looked at the clock and rolled over. Just not wanted bad enough I guess. Never got into these stay awake in the middle of the night if you want my product things. You want me to have and use your product, then produce enough to sell it. I know....sour grapes for the loser. I'll have to just enjoy my Holy Black Caswell Massey acquired from a trade. Now at 5:09 it still shows sold out. I look forward to hearing thoughts from you that got some. I'll read with a grain of salt as I know you'll have to convince yourselves it was all worth the hoops you jumped thru as well as the cost. Bright side of things for me is I have a 3 pack of What the Puck coming from the bay...............Dave walks away with his head hung low to another area of the forum.............

Hey...I know how you feel. I really don't like to subscribe to all the hype that these types of products bring to the table. This one got the better of me. I was up anyway watching the World Series of Poker and set my alarm in case I fell asleep. I didn't...it's poker...that stuff is awesome to watch...says only me and a bunch of degenerates.
1f60e.png
Like I said...I hope I enjoy it...because the Wife's Wrath is quick...and her Judgement is Slow...no due process in the House of Danger!

Like I said...I hope I enjoy it...because the Wife's Wrath is quick...and her Judgement is Slow...no due process in the House of Danger!

Normally I would say that our wives must be related. Mine has started following the same companies that I do so there is no way I can "surprise" her with something new. Yesterday, when I told her this was dropping at midnight, she actually said to me, "so you're staying up to buy it, right?" That's explicit consent, right there!

So, she blessed the purchase in advance, which made the process that much more enjoyable.

12:20 would have been too late. After making my purchase at midnight I logged in again a few minutes later and it was sold out. By going back to sleep you saved yourself some frustration.

By all accounts (and by the presentation on the website) this is a stellar product but the price including S/H was $95 so you saved yourself some simoleons.

As I learned when I was doing real estate purchases, there are always other opportunities.

Well I fell asleep and see that the soap is already being sold on eBay. I wonder why he didn't limit to one per person?

I was wondering that as well, Chad. They specifically stated they made a concsious decision NOT to limit purchases to one or two per person. Curious.

I am glad that some of you got it. Looks like sharing the 11:55 drop time was the right call, something they only posted on Instagram for members of the brotherhood. With the early drop and the super limited number, and with so many folks trying to get some, it seems like they were still surprised with the instant sellout.

I know the first Ebay listing for $400 was removed, and another popped up for $180. I have to admit I was tempted to buy two and sell one of them, but I couldn't bring myself to do that. Sadly some people have no problem with freezing out others to make some bank. As for no limit, I have to assume it has something to do with how the ecommerce site is constructed, but I also know that some groups have one person make a group buy so that not everyone has to wait up for it.

Now I wish I had bought two so I could help out anyone I know who missed it.

Back