The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The bottom of a tub

Well it died today. And what I am honestly most shocked about is that it only lasted 30 shaves! I expected more. But honestly I loaded heavy, and with daily use it got very soft. My brush was picking up a LOT of soap! I loved this soap though. IT was honestly 30 shaves of bliss! Great scent @Joe Hackett truly exceptional!

IMG_20200601_071451304.jpg

Well it died today. And what I am honestly most shocked about is that it only lasted 30 shaves! I expected more. But honestly I loaded heavy, and with daily use it got very soft. My brush was picking up a LOT of soap! I loved this soap though. IT was honestly 30 shaves of bliss! Great scent @Joe Hackett truly exceptional!

View attachment 25712

30 shaves? That is unheard of, and I'm honestly shocked to hear it. I get close to that from a sample puck. Do you bloom?

30 shaves? That is unheard of, and I'm honestly shocked to hear it. I get close to that from a sample puck. Do you bloom?
I regularly get 30-ish shaves from a soft artisan soap. I think my first 3017 of a CBL Premium lasted about that long. My Bluebell 3017 was 30 days also, and that was 5 ounces.

Yes I bloom. I will say when I went every other day with the Barbershop it lasted 73 shaves. So I think going every day really allowed for a heavy load. But I'll tell ya it was 30 wonderful shaves!!!

Yes I bloom. I will say when I went every other day with the Barbershop it lasted 73 shaves. So I think going every day really allowed for a heavy load. But I'll tell ya it was 30 wonderful shaves!!!
If you are using it every day you might not need to bloom after the first day or two. It should hold onto enough water to stay really soft with daily usage.

If you are using it every day you might not need to bloom after the first day or two. It should hold onto enough water to stay really soft with daily usage.
It's habit man... Plus I like to rub the bloom water in and let it sit while on the face while brushing teeth

Back