The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

Got released from the hospital today around 3:30. Just got home and showered. Feeling good. Neck is just sore, but will be for a while. Hurts a little to talk and swallow, and turning my head isn’t easy. All in all though, not too much pain.

Here’s the results of the surgery as best as I can remember. They found some suspect lymph nodes, so they removed those and some tissue around them. They will be analyzing the tissue over the next few days to know if any of it was cancerous. Also, they were going to move my parathyroids out of the way but couldn’t locate any of them. It’s possible they were removed with the lymph nodes, and will know as they go through it over the next few days. You have 4 and only need 1 (or even part of one) to regulate calcium in the body. They are tiny, so may just be hidden too. Have a few follow ups in a couple weeks and will know more by then. I’m guessing (especially if anything removed was cancerous) that I’ll have another radioactive iodine treatment, but that will be an upcoming discussion with my endocrinologist.

Just glad to be home now and in my own bed! Thanks everyone for the love and support. And thanks Amber for waiting all those hours in the waiting room and being by my side as much as possible… and for the Andy’s Frozen Custard when we left. I love you!

Got released from the hospital today around 3:30. Just got home and showered. Feeling good. Neck is just sore, but will be for a while. Hurts a little to talk and swallow, and turning my head isn’t easy. All in all though, not too much pain.

Here’s the results of the surgery as best as I can remember. They found some suspect lymph nodes, so they removed those and some tissue around them. They will be analyzing the tissue over the next few days to know if any of it was cancerous. Also, they were going to move my parathyroids out of the way but couldn’t locate any of them. It’s possible they were removed with the lymph nodes, and will know as they go through it over the next few days. You have 4 and only need 1 (or even part of one) to regulate calcium in the body. They are tiny, so may just be hidden too. Have a few follow ups in a couple weeks and will know more by then. I’m guessing (especially if anything removed was cancerous) that I’ll have another radioactive iodine treatment, but that will be an upcoming discussion with my endocrinologist.

Just glad to be home now and in my own bed! Thanks everyone for the love and support. And thanks Amber for waiting all those hours in the waiting room and being by my side as much as possible… and for the Andy’s Frozen Custard when we left. I love you!
Like I said before.. I'm just glad you are okay...

Alicia said to tell you that you need to get some of the frozen Italian ice.pops. they are really soft and good. They're her favorites and she said they might be good for your throat and whatnot..

Alicia said to tell you that you need to get some of the frozen Italian ice.pops. they are really soft and good. They're her favorites and she said they might be good for your throat and whatnot..
Thanks for the suggestion. Sounded good so I picked up some while picking up my meds.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounded good so I picked up some while picking up my meds.
They are pretty good. They have multiple different flavors and types. We found that in the winter time dollar tree seems to carry them. They have a tropical box that's green and a pinkish red box that's berry flavors... I hope you like them and that they'll help.. They only take a couple of hours to freeze on average and they don't get hard as a rock like some of them do . They stay sort of mushy... Get well soon ....

This all makes my vasectomy look like a cake walk. :ROFLMAO:

Glad you're home and recuperating. And tell Amber she's being a good nurse. (ummmm ....that sounds naughty)

Back