The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

Yep because tomorrow is always today unless it's yesterday but then its still today somewhere until tomorrow then its today......

Here's an update on some important stuff I have going on. I know I don't do this very often, so it's overdue.

My son has been so far, unsuccessful in getting a deer this year. There is about a week or so left in antlerless season, so he still has a chance. But, the Monday after [rifle] deer season started, I was on my way into work and hit a deer, while I was riding my motorcycle. Low enough speed impact that the deer ran off, and I somehow managed to keep my bike upright and brought to a stop without laying it down. Fishtailed quite a bit, though, lol. So, I'm fine, no injuries, and oddly enough I wasn't even shaken up by it. Once I got to a stop I got off the bike to inspect the damage, and thought to myself.... Well, that just happened. Bike is in the shop, waiting for insurance adjuster to take a look. Needs a new front tire, turn signal/light bar, and maybe a new front fender. But really, all things considered, minimal damage.

Unrelated to that, I'm going in for surgery tomorrow morning. Many of you will recall that 3 years ago I had Thyroid Cancer and had my thyroid removed. There is no indication that my cancer has returned, but some recent labs and scans have indicated that there may be some cells that have either re-grown or they may have missed them initially, so they want to go back in to clean it up. So I'll be off work for recovery until around Christmas. I'm expecting this to be a fairly easy surgery with recovery and healing being quicker than last time as I hope it'll be less invasive. I'm not worried about this at all, but all positive energy and prayers are welcome!

Back