The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 333 Club

The proguard blades has a shield on it.
Yep, that's what I use in the Vector. It's just that the few times I've tried shaving with an open blade, it's been an anxiety filled experience that a safety bar greatly mitigates. Anxiety vs. serenity was the deciding factor for me. I get the quality of shaves I desire without trying to master an open blade, so my motivation to undertake learning an open blade has been very low. I admire those who do though, and love watching people use them, hence my subscription to your channel, which you're a natural at, btw. I look forward to a couple of months from now, when you'll be doing it like a pro! You're already far ahead of most people I've watched undergo the learning process!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yep, that's what I use in the Vector. It's just that the few times I've tried shaving with an open blade, it's been an anxiety filled experience that a safety bar greatly mitigates. Anxiety vs. serenity was the deciding factor for me. I get the quality of shaves I desire without trying to master an open blade, so my motivation to undertake learning an open blade has been very low. I admire those who do though, and love watching people use them, hence my subscription to your channel, which you're a natural at, btw. I look forward to a couple of months from now, when you'll be doing it like a pro! You're already far ahead of most people I've watched undergo the learning process!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I have heard only good things about the Vector. I completely understand your decision. I did have a better straight shave today. I am really liking the open blade experience.

That's it! They are all sold out, no 333 razors to be had. I knew this day was coming, but now I feel regret that I never joined the club. Oh well, I have too many razors anyway LOL

1706908723420.png

I was fortunate enough to make the decision to grab one some time back. The prospect of being one of the 333 was not a factor, wanting a very nice replaceable blade straight razor experience was. I am not unhappy with my decision as I have logged a larger number of Tedalus shaves over the last 2 years than I have traditional straight razor shaves. There is a lot to love about this razor but I think the razor is far from perfect so there is room for revison that would justify a new version being created/sold. Among the first things I would like to see is an improvement in how the blade is changed/installed. For me changing the blade is torture and seems to be more about luck than "doing it right". The magnetic tech provides a clear advantage over the oft seen spring head design so perhaps the torturous blade changes is the cost of improvement. To me holding the razor feels cramped at times, maybe a larger desing would improve this maybe its just me. I WILL say, if they are able to come up with a design that improves upon what they already have (beyond some sort of cosmetic thing) they are brilliant.

For those who missed out, I would remind them that perhaps 80 to 90% of the value in this razor is that is uses really awsome blades that CAN be used in any knock-off style razor. The remaining 10-20% is in the design, craftsmanship and function.

I am hoping for that very thing. I am 80 straight shaves in and very interested. Wonder what next number will be??? Price and number offered
I have not communicated directly with the owner of the company in a few years, but I did from a point in final design work till early marketing release. I was a sold out fanboy on the Essence from the time heard the concept and saw the early prototypes.

I might have even made the earliest vids on that shave piece and was not at all surprised to find some of the typical whining from the “cheaper is always better” crowd about the $300+ selling price. It was revealed back then that the subsequent offerings would have some change making the originals somewhat unique collectibles. His most recent DE offering of 100 individually numbered unique high end shavers sold out faster than I expected at $1000+ each, so who knows what will follow. The same whiner babies that complained about the Essence having it’s individual components fabricated in China for cost containment also complained about his $1000 custom precision Swedish CNC machined Double Edge offering for an excessive price.

When I had horses, I found that good clean fresh hay was $4 per bale…but you could get exceptional bargains for stuff that had already been through the horse.

It will be interesting to see where he goes and what the market will support for sure.

Well, there’s already been two iterations of the essence that sold out very quickly, so I too am interested to see what he comes up with. Very early on he was a member here at The Cadre and wanted to do preliminary marketing with our members however, he did not want to become a vendor so in essence, it was his loss, but he did do a lot of market research here before we found out who he was but that’s OK. He has been successful and I wish him the best but, I think the current essence of the original 333 is probably the best removable straight razor out there and I see no reason to purchase another one because design wise there’s not much more you can do and the current one is tested each and every day as a Barber tool here in the shop

How about a non-fixed membership fee from say £5 upwards after the 7 day trial period. Atleast then the member can decide how much they contribute to the club and after all, funds are funds But that is just a suggestion, because some people cant afford much.

I for one am all for a annual membership fee. It will be good for the club and then put your mind to rest Simon.

Just A Thought

Back