The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 333 Club

Bill M

"Gentleman Shaver Bill"
Hobbyist
It should be known that our very own prolific Bingo Wizard, @GearNoir has coined the term that will go down in Shavedom history,

The 333 Club

As far as my research can find, The Shaving Cadre is the one place with documentation to claim more members to this special group than anywhere else in cyberspace.

Post in thread 'What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???'
What are you anxiously waiting to be delivered ???

Members….. for historical value, feel free to sign in with a short commentary of your own.

I bet those original owners of toggles and bottom dials wished they’d done the same.

The sale of mine was completed 8 minutes after opening.

I’m pretty sure I was the first YouTuber with a video review and a video shave.

It is the most prized performer in the stable. Essence for the win!

So the 333 club is for people who own the Tedalus Essence ? What's the meaning behind the 333 ?

So the 333 club is for people who own the Tedalus Essence ? What's the meaning behind the 333 ?
The run of the initial batch of razors was 333 units.

One man is responsible for conception, design, development, production coordination, QC, finance, final assembly, etc….

He appears to have a thing for the number 3.

Someone in regular communication with him indicated that any subsequent manufacture runs would have some deliberate change making the original unique. It could be as simple as a change in the color of the scales.

The run of the initial batch of razors was 333 units.

One man is responsible for conception, design, development, production coordination, QC, finance, final assembly, etc….

He appears to have a thing for the number 3.

Someone in regular communication with him indicated that any subsequent manufacture runs would have some deliberate change making the original unique. It could be as simple as a change in the color of the scales.
Thank You for taking the time to reply.. I appreciate it a lot...

Yea, it’s gonna take some weeding through peoples SOTDs…I suspect we have a fair number more than that 😂

I can’t find the original post - but there was a review of it here on TSC - it looked really interesting - because I wanted a “Straight Shave experience. So I did a YouTube search and the only one doing reviews - was you @Bill M - and you were really thorough - so i was hooked. Then I saw you shave with a popsicle stick - and I thought - if this person can do this and he has a Tedalus - sign me up for that club!

I can’t find the original post - but there was a review of it here on TSC - it looked really interesting - because I wanted a “Straight Shave experience. So I did a YouTube search and the only one doing reviews - was you @Bill M - and you were really thorough - so i was hooked. Then I saw you shave with a popsicle stick - and I thought - if this person can do this and he has a Tedalus - sign me up for that club!
It looks like one of the first mentions of it was ....

It looks like one of the first mentions of it was ....
That’s the one - Thanks @Jaro1069 ! I remember seeing it - and then commenting on it with him - I made reference to @Bill M videos (he wasn’t a TSC dude yet) - then trying to decide between that and the Tedalus, selling about 1/2 my razor collection so I could get both 😂

@NurseDave they still have them and you can add that all encompassing, elite, exclusive, gravity defying wonder of solid stainless steel and give the Essence the display option a razor of this type deserves, not to mention being able to add the “S” to your Tedalus resume

0A08F9B6-882A-4C7F-AA91-57AE58AEBB80.jpeg

Back