The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 333 Club

For the price, I just can't pull the trigger. I know it's an amazing razor and if used as only razor it would pay for itself, but who can do that.
You see that's where I'm at. I have A LOT of straight razors and stones. It is a COOL razor, but it's hard for me to pull the trigger. At some point, I may eventually pull the trigger, but for the moment I'm still gonna hold off.

It’s definitely a special treat item for many due to the price (though if the current shopping cart system is the same, you can save a bit of money by letting it sit in your cart for a few weeks). I for one am glad I was afforded the opportunity as it’s become my main open blade razor. Then again, I don’t have the vast array of straight most of these guys do! It certainly checks my boxes of great shaves and low maintenance though.

For the price, I just can't pull the trigger. I know it's an amazing razor and if used as only razor it would pay for itself, but who can do that.
I know were you are coming from as I said the same thing at first. I could not justify it, but I eventually rationalized it and bought one.

I have never regretted buying it and I never think about the price now, I just enjoy the razor.

If I could shave with an open blade (tremors), I'd sell several of my DEs to get one. In my memory, I know of no open blade "shavette" about which there has been such acclaim! YOLO.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

If I could shave with an open blade (tremors), I'd sell several of my DEs to get one. In my memory, I know of no open blade "shavette" about which there has been such acclaim! YOLO.

What about the Tedalus Essence. And if you don’t like it you can send it to me

What about the Tedalus Essence. And if you don’t like it you can send it to me
Unfortunately, my tremors would produce a bloodbath with an open blade. In a DE, the safety bar and the blade stay fixed relative to each other, so my shakes aren't insurmountable. But if I were to go the open blade route, the Tedalus is where I'd start. I've just heard so much raving about how great it is. A lot of these people also spoke highly of the Vector, back in the day, and they certainly were on the nose with that! If I hit the Powerball this week, everyone gets one.

Unfortunately, my tremors would produce a bloodbath with an open blade. In a DE, the safety bar and the blade stay fixed relative to each other, so my shakes aren't insurmountable. But if I were to go the open blade route, the Tedalus is where I'd start. I've just heard so much raving about how great it is. A lot of these people also spoke highly of the Vector, back in the day, and they certainly were on the nose with that! If I hit the Powerball this week, everyone gets one.

I got one after seeing it live and in person at our TSC Las Vegas convention. It has since become a little cheaper due to favorable exchange rates. I like it a lot for what it is BUT I would definitely not put it in the absolute must have category. There are several lower cost options (name brand and knock off) that give as good a shave and comparable experience. What this one has that others may not is a level of craftsmanship and aesthetics others do not. For me the ergonomics aren’t to die for but that is purely a result of my hand size and shaving style, I don’t doubt it will impress others

The proguard blades has a shield on it.

I know of a gent afflicted with tremors from Parkinson’s. It was likely because he was one of the not so lucky Marines who got to march through freshly applied Agent Orange in Nam.

Decades after his military service, it was actually a nasty straight razor cut that caused the medical inquiries revealing this affliction.

His son suggested that the use of weights on his arms might be worth a try. He used his wife’s ankle weights successfully.

Just a little info….in case you get that Powerball hit.

Back