The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stunt Shaves: Where'd That Handle Go?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Greetings VLOGers! The next challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to record yourself shaving with the ultimate travel razor..... No Handle!!! Take your 3 piece razor apart, and throw away that handle! OK, maybe don't throw it away, but do set it aside for this one shave. This can be done with a DE, SE, or even an injector if you've got one with no handle.

Just imagine you're on travel and you brought one razor with you. You took it apart to clean it and dropped the handle into the floor register, and now it's gone forever...... what do you do, you still gotta shave!

If using a DE, you're going to need to grip it with some pressure to ensure the blade sits properly. It is acceptable to thread a nut onto the post, in order to maintain that pressure to keep the top cap and base plate together...... just don't put anything on it to extend the post in order to make the handle any longer.

As Always VLOGers, have fun!

Last edited:
I'm thinking it would be tough to maintain a proper angle with a double edge. I think I'll pass on this one, thanks.

Whew, at least you allow the cap and plate. I read the title thinking you meant just holding a bare blade. That’s a Noir style challenge at that point.

Yeah, but what if it rolls down in the vent further? You don’t want to risk getting your arm stuck trying to fish it out!

So you came up with this idea while staring at your Bigelow and Parkin razor didn't you ? I'll think of something for this......

So you came up with this idea while staring at your Bigelow and Parkin razor didn't you ? I'll think of something for this......
Actually no. I can't take credit for the idea..... I watched another youtuber do it a while back.

Back