The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stunt Shaves: DEvette or the Un-Safety Razor

#ChadBailed!

When you say “This is stupid” that means you’re doing it right. It’s a challenge after all. Only 2 1/2 more passes to go!

Chad: “Definitely, what you should do is try that with one of your razors, remove the base plate, give it a go.”

3 minutes later.....

Chad: “That was dumb.... don’t shave like that.... at all.”

The video is being uploaded. I'll post it in the morning. Yup, that was dumbbbbbbbb. 🤣 But also a good challenge of technique.

Making comments as I watch.......

Shortest handle on the face of the Earth?!?! I guess you haven't met the Travel Tech! LOL
tech.jpg

Better Lighting? I put a floor lamp in my bathroom to help with that.

Valiant effort Ben! Looks like you got around OK with it. Go ahead and shave with it with the base plate if you want to give it a go. I'm kinda curious if anybody actually tried it that way. @Cvargo said he was confused why I included the base plate to begin with.... Simply put, it's a unique and kind of rare vintage razor, and aside from being one of my best candidates for the DEvette shave, I just thought you guys might want to try it out.

The video is being uploaded. I'll post it in the morning. Yup, that was dumbbbbbbbb. 🤣 But also a good challenge of technique.

Told ya

. @Cvargo said he was confused why I included the base plate to begin with.... Simply put, it's a unique and kind of rare vintage razor, and aside from being one of my best candidates for the DEvette shave, I just thought you guys might want to try it out.

I actually did the next day. Reminded me of a tech.

Making comments as I watch.......

Shortest handle on the face of the Earth?!?! I guess you haven't met the Travel Tech! LOL

Better Lighting? I put a floor lamp in my bathroom to help with that.

Valiant effort Ben! Looks like you got around OK with it. Go ahead and shave with it with the base plate if you want to give it a go. I'm kinda curious if anybody actually tried it that way. @Cvargo said he was confused why I included the base plate to begin with.... Simply put, it's a unique and kind of rare vintage razor, and aside from being one of my best candidates for the DEvette shave, I just thought you guys might want to try it out.
The idea to use it the intended way crossed my mind yesterday and promptly left my mind. Aside from being cool, I'm always open to trying an open comb. Thanks for sharing it, KJ!

Nice job Ben! No sweat at all for ya!
That's because I had no idea what I was doing. Had I realized that there was something that sharp scraping my face I would've panicked. :ROFLMAO: I think you should try it next!

Back