The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Strop Dragging My Journal Around...

Thank you for the suggestion, Chris!

My pleasure. And that 12K is perfect for a slight refresh. When it's time to refresh, just about a dozen laps is all it'll take. Then down the road, you'll add maybe 20 laps, but no more. I can't remember, do you have a coti? If you do, follow the 12K with water only laps on the coti. If it's just your JNAT, I'd recommend a very, very, ever so slight, misty slurry, but not water only. I'd heard that before, when I had my JNAT, and while I'm sure each stone is different, the water only laps on some JNATs can leave a "brisk" edge.

My pleasure. And that 12K is perfect for a slight refresh. When it's time to refresh, just about a dozen laps is all it'll take. Then down the road, you'll add maybe 20 laps, but no more. I can't remember, do you have a coti? If you do, follow the 12K with water only laps on the coti. If it's just your JNAT, I'd recommend a very, very, ever so slight, misty slurry, but not water only. I'd heard that before, when I had my JNAT, and while I'm sure each stone is different, the water only laps on some JNATs can leave a "brisk" edge.

Thanks again, Chris. There just keeps being stuff to know, huh...

I don't have a coti...but I will try the jnat slurry thing at some point after the 12.

Great shave and good job with the 12K.

I have a Shapton Pro 12K and follow that with the Trans Ark.

Finally caught up Brad! Some great stuff in there between the new acquisitions and the eureka honing!

Shave # 219

Run for the shadows in these golden shaves...(whop whop)

Razor - Gillette safety (with Gillette blade)
Brush - vulfix badger
Soap - Henri et Victoria C&CC
After - same

Well, it was round 2 for my new (old) non-straight razors, this time the Gillette DE. Again, being smart, I limited the new variable to 1, and lathered up an old favourite...

What can I say? This was another stellar shave!

This was actually the perfect tool for the job, as I was in a bit of a rush to get to a friend's gig after work...but really wanted to shave. It was smooth sailing with this guy, and after 3 relatively fast passes, I was left feeling and smelling great! A little Bowie in the background was perfect. I think I did go a little heavy on my neck on the ATG pass, as there was a bit of an aftersplash zing...but hey....I learnin' over here!

Special thanks again to KJ!

Onward and shaveward...

Cognac and Cuban Cigars is one of the best scents out there! Great stuff!

Back