The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Strop Dragging My Journal Around...

Shave #201

Into the third century....

Razor - Thiers Issard Special Coiffeur 1937
Brush - vulfix badger
Soap - Latha Limon
After - Henri Et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars

Well, my first shave on the other side of 200 (and my first journal entry on The Shaving Cadre) was a wonderful one!

Deciding to set my honing frustrations aside for a little bit, I stropped up my TI, which was in fact honed by @Xenostr8shaver Dave. It has a nice, keen and comfortable edge, and after the regular 25/65 was tree topping very nicely.

It was a little cooler yesterday than it has been for the past week, but I was still feeling a little summery, so the delightful scent of the Latha Limon was calling. As I have stated before, I am sad to hear that the Latha line has been discontinued - I now have 3 of their soaps, and really enjoy the performance.

After a nice face soak and a whipping up of lather, (and pressing play on Tom Waits' Closing Time) I put the TI to work. Much to my joy, this was one of those shaves...the ones where everything is clicking. After 3 passes and a jawline touch up, I was left with a super smooth DFS! I almost went with the Pinaud Lime Sec as my aftershave, to keep things in the citrus zone, but as I was heading out I figured I'd have the splash match my cologne, so went with the C&CC. I jumped on my bike and headed out to a friend's gig, feeling like a million bucks, happy to be starting the journey into the next 100 shaves with a really great one off the top!

Hurray!

Onward and shaveward....

Great shave! But honestly, it could have been a really bad shave, but it would have been alright based on this alone...
and pressing play on Tom Waits' Closing Time

Tom Waits makes every shave better! Especially Closing Time!

Welcome to the journals Brad!

1f1e8.png
1f1f4.png
1f1f3.png
1f1ec.png
1f1f7.png
1f1e6.png
1f1f9.png
1f1fa.png
1f1f1.png
1f1e6.png
1f1f9.png
1f1ee.png
1f1f4.png
1f1f3.png
1f1f8.png
2757.png
on 200 shaves!

Great shave, read, and picture!

Shave #202

Don't rush it, dummy....

Razor - TI Special Coiffeur
Brush - Vulfix badger
Soap - Latha Unscented
After - H et V C&CC

Well, shave 202 did not follow in the footsteps of 201, but that mostly had to do with deciding to shave when I didn't really have the time to. I was heading out of town for a few days and wanted to squeeze in a shave...but it left me having to push time wise...which we all know is not a good thing....

So as Billie Holiday did her best to sooth from the other room, I tried to get'r done, which resulted in a pretty good gash on my chin! Otherwise, the resulting shave was alright...but not as nice as 201, that's for sure.

I have decided, on the advice of a cadre member, to shave with the same straight for a few in a row, so the TI will be hanging around for a while. I think it was in fine form for this shave...I just think I should have given myself 15 more minutes in the bathroom. Oh, well.... I live to shave another day....

Onward and shaveward.....

Well, that sounds unpleasant to say the least.

Nice to be reading your journal again, Brad. And rushing a straight shave is a recipe for you-know-what.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the facial filet, but sounds like it was a good shave all things considered. That's a great looking TI!

Back