The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Straight razor Journey

Razor # 14 1908-1921 Wilbert Cutlery Co., Chicago, made for Sears and Roebuck
Old Spice Shave mug
Dollar Tree b-pure shave soap.
Need to load brush heavy, doesn't take much water, lathers somewhat good, but fades fast. Is decently slick, since it's glycerin based, but no residual slickness requires loading from puck for each pass due to lather dies in brush. Might make a good travel soap with a DE razor. Buy again if I could. Probably not. It's being discontinued. Guess I see why. Finished with some nice aftershave. Yardley Black
20240131_181946.jpg

Razor no. 15: cheap Damascus Straight Razor from Amazon. 8/8 or maybe a little bigger full wedge. Was duller than a butter knife. Honed up rather nicely. Surprisingly great shave for such a big and heavy Razor.
PAA'S Casi Perfecto shave soap and splash with Curve cologne
brush: Smilez4Milez Olivewood and resin handle with Manchurian Silvertip Badger Knot.
20240206_194755.jpg

Straight razor no 16: Saponificio Varesino Galileo Galilei with Snakewood scales
Brush: Smilez4Milez Olivewood handle with Manchurian Silvertip Badger Knot
PAA Douglas Fir Shave soap and Aftershave splash, alum block, Mystruim Syrum unscented
20240217_150226.jpg

Straight razor no. 17 (kind of🤣) Dovo Shavette with Gillette Platinum half blade from Razor Imporium Arizona meet up sale.
Soap and splash by Hendricks Classic and Co Cowboy Up
Smilez4Milez cactus handle shave brush (thought it was Olivewood, my bad).

Shave fail with this 1. Got myself under the nose and removed some of the blemish on my right cheek. Was having a difficult time with situational awareness of where the blade was due to being extremely lightweight . Will try this again later. Will go slot slower also. Can barely feel this thing in my hand. Do love how insert guards corner of blade, that's why I wanted to try 1 of these. Probably won't use this very much in the future. It's smaller than what I expected also. Never thought I'd ever have to switch to a DE to finish a shave again, boy was I wrong! Switched to my Rockwell 6S to complete after bloodbath 🥲

InShot_20240226_192947331.jpg

Straight razor no. 17 (kind of🤣) Dovo Shavette with Gillette Platinum half blade from Razor Imporium Arizona meet up sale.
Soap and splash by Hendricks Classic and Co Cowboy Up
Smilez4Milez cactus handle shave brush (thought it was Olivewood, my bad).

Shave fail with this 1. Got myself under the nose and removed some of the blemish on my right cheek. Was having a difficult time with situational awareness of where the blade was due to being extremely lightweight . Will try this again later. Will go slot slower also. Can barely feel this thing in my hand. Do love how insert guards corner of blade, that's why I wanted to try 1 of these. Probably won't use this very much in the future. It's smaller than what I expected also. Never thought I'd ever have to switch to a DE to finish a shave again, boy was I wrong! Switched to my Rockwell 6S to complete after bloodbath 🥲

View attachment 127432

Revisiting razor no. 17 Dobo Shavette. Changed blade from Gillette Platinum to Permasharp due to it's a tad milder blade. Went more shallow angle. Changed grip for better feel of this feather weight razor . Really made sure the Mitchell's Woolfat was extremely hydrated. Used some preshave oil that I have but haven't been using and bingo! No nicks, cuts, weepers. No sting from alum. Finished of with PAA mysterium syrum and PAA Oud Spice aftershave using the PAA atomic atomizer
20240303_185804.jpg

Haven't been posting in awhile here, been using DE and single edges for couple of months. So better get back to it.

Razor: Feather DX Artist Club replaceable blade straight razor with new scales. And Feather Softguard blade (platinum coated Proguard)
Brush: cheap Omega boar
Vintage shave scuttle for a hot lather with a puck of Leaf shave soap in it.
CBL Litsea Cubebe Witchhazel
Nivea sensitive shave balm
Shave Nation alum block
2 pass BBS 😍😎
20240428_185029.jpg

Back