The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stopping by to say hello!

looks like I am member 459! is that right?
Yes!
424 from what I see
Yeah, the site now has 424 members, but his number is 459. Not sure why there is a discrepancy.... maybe @Cvargo can enlighten us?
Could I be 007
Actually @Dagwoodz is member #7.

Where do you look to find your "number"?
Open up your profile and look in the URL, it will show your username and number.
I’m #11.

Yeah, the site now has 424 members, but his number is 459. Not sure why there is a discrepancy.... maybe @Cvargo can enlighten us?

Two causes.

1. During the migration to Xenforo the company we paid to help with that had to create a bunch of dummy accounts it was around 5-10ish if I remember correctly. They have since been deleted.

2. Remember about 6ish months ago we had a bunch of scam accounts trying to sell stuff and they where bots spamming the site? We upgraded our security and deleted those accounts as well.

Two causes.

1. During the migration to Xenforo the company we paid to help with that had to create a bunch of dummy accounts it was around 5-10ish if I remember correctly. They have since been deleted.

2. Remember about 6ish months ago we had a bunch of scam accounts trying to sell stuff and they where bots spamming the site? We upgraded our security and deleted those accounts as well.
Thanks. I figured it was deleted accounts, I just couldn’t think of why there was so many.

Thanks. I figured it was deleted accounts, I just couldn’t think of why there was so many.
Some of our early risers like @Dave in KY @dangerousdon and @woodpusher where reporting those scam accounts some like 3 or 4 in a day! It was nuts! It lasted for a bit until we figured out what to install on the back end. It's been awhile but they could still sneak in.

Back