The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stirred UP

Part of the problem is that they are stealing cell phone numbers. I've gotten calls from local cell numbers that are spam and I've also gotten calls wondering why I called them when i never did, so i know mine has been used. And they also dont give a damn about the FCC do not call list because I am on it.

IF, and that's a big if, there is actually a person on the line, they will hang up on you immediately if you ask for the company name since what they are doing is illegal and they know it.

I have a function on my phone where it screens the caller for me. It will ask the caller to state what they are calling for and then translates it into text. I then decide if I want to answer it or not. Most of the time they hang up. Not sure if is part of my Phone (Google Pixel 2) or something to do with my carrier (Verizon) But it is handy. I used to block all these numbers, but same scammers just call back with a different number.

I'm on Google Fi for phone plan and that is a Google feature. Love it!!! Especially during football season because other officials call me alot and the screening feature helps me determine if it's a scam or a call I really need to take.

Word of advise when your wife calls from the office don't tease her with the feature. I had her talking to Google for like 5 min before she hung up and sent me a nasty text ROFL

Last edited:
Part of the problem is that they are stealing cell phone numbers. I've gotten calls from local cell numbers that are spam and I've also gotten calls wondering why I called them when i never did, so i know mine has been used. And they also dont give a damn about the FCC do not call list because I am on it.

IF, and that's a big if, there is actually a person on the line, they will hang up on you immediately if you ask for the company name since what they are doing is illegal and they know it.

What they do is input bogus telephone numbers into their caller ID so that you see a phone number that seems similar to yours and make you more inclined to answer it. The reality is they could be calling from anywhere. Sometimes I've called the number and the person on the other ends says they never called me. That has happened several times. Other times I will get a recording saying the number is not valid and to try again. I no longer care anymore. Sometimes, when I'm a little bored, I'll answer the credit card ones. I'll press 1 and when the person comes on 100% of the time they have either a middle eastern or indian accent. I'll do my own version of an indian accent. When they ask me for my credit card number I'll just make one up on the fly. They then tell me it's not a valid number. I'll say that's impossible. I just read it right off my credit card. They'll ask me where the credit card is from, expecting me to give them the name of some bank. I'll then say I stole it. My goal is to just waste their time. I figure, if they have me on the phone, they won't be ripping off some poor unsuspecting old person like my mother.

I just don't carry a cell phone. I realize some have to for jobs / family, etc....I'd only have one for social reasons or emergencies and I really don't need it for either of those reasons. It must really be annoying though to get those calls.

I’m still using a small screen phone and sometimes can’t always see what pictures have cars!

Unreadable captchas.😡 I just tried to report adult content getting through my filters and got kicked off the system because I couldn't decipher the illegible captchas.
I'M NOT A ROBOT!!!
I’m experiencing this problem more and more. And like @Majorrich said, the pictures they show seem to be like a where’s Waldo puzzle. As a site administrator you are given the opportunity to select levels of difficulty, presumably some AI programs are able to break through the easier ones so WE get Where’s Waldo and TSC Bingo level cryptography Captcha puzzles.

Lately I've been really ticking these callers off. I always press 1 and get someone live online. Same accent every time. I can't place it but I'd guess its Pakistani. They usually say "I believe you are calling to get the lower interest rate on your credit card." Instead of answering the question I say, what's your name? They respond with some ridiculous American sounding name. The last guy claimed his name was Steve David. I broke out laughing. He asked what's so funny. I said, "So, you're name is Steve David?" He says yes. I say really? Then my name is Abdul Fahad. That's usually when the say FU and hang up. I love messing with them. I do this when I have nothing better to do while driving.

Christmas!!!!!
It's not even October yet and already the stores are shoving it down your throat. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the day itself, but when you start force-feeding it to me 3 months in advance, I'm sick of it already.

Christmas!!!!!
It's not even October yet and already the stores are shoving it down your throat. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the day itself, but when you start force-feeding it to me 3 months in advance, I'm sick of it already.

Drop Christmas anyway. It's lacks a certain flair. Instead embrace Festivus!

Christmas!!!!!
Anything to take shelf space away from pumpkin spice anything

Christmas!!!!!
It's not even October yet and already the stores are shoving it down your throat.
Exactly! I don't even think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I refuse to look at any Christmas decorations or walk down any Christmas aisle until then.

Well aren't you all just a bunch of grinches :LOL:

El Grinch GIF - TheGrinch EvilSmile Creepy GIFs

Me - * walks into a small bank in a strip mall *
Me - * only sees 3 ATMs and no people *
Me - * waits looking around until someone comes out of the back *
Banky person - Can I help you?
Me - I just need to cash a check
Banky person - I’m sorry, we don’t have cash here any more.
Me - 🤔

Me - * walks into a small bank in a strip mall *
Me - * only sees 3 ATMs and no people *
Me - * waits looking around until someone comes out of the back *
Banky person - Can I help you?
Me - I just need to cash a check
Banky person - I’m sorry, we don’t have cash here any more.
Me - 🤔
Well you entitled fool! How dare you expect a BANK to have cash?!?!?!! People these days, I'm telling you.... Expect everything to go their way.

😜 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back