The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Where would you go to get the BEST BBQ sandwich?

And, is it served with slaw on the sandwich or on the side?
Sonny's is pretty good. I never have ordered it with slaw there. I think you can get it on it or beside it or however you want.

Sonny's BBQ is a barbecue restaurant chain founded by Floyd "Sonny" Tillman in Gainesville, Florida in 1968. Bob Yarmuth purchased the company in 1991 and continues as the company's owner and CEO today. Sonny's BBQ now has 113 restaurants across nine Southeastern states and is headquartered in Maitland, Florida. The restaurant specializes in Southern-style BBQ.

Sonny's BBQ menu has Southern style barbecue including pulled pork, sliced pork, baby back ribs, buffalo wings, St. Louis style ribs, and beef brisket; along with burgers, appetizers and sides.

Sonny's is pretty good. I never have ordered it with slaw there. I think you can get it on it or beside it or however you want.

Sonny's BBQ is a barbecue restaurant chain founded by Floyd "Sonny" Tillman in Gainesville, Florida in 1968. Bob Yarmuth purchased the company in 1991 and continues as the company's owner and CEO today. Sonny's BBQ now has 113 restaurants across nine Southeastern states and is headquartered in Maitland, Florida. The restaurant specializes in Southern-style BBQ.

Sonny's BBQ menu has Southern style barbecue including pulled pork, sliced pork, baby back ribs, buffalo wings, St. Louis style ribs, and beef brisket; along with burgers, appetizers and sides.
My younger brother lived in Jacksonville most of his adult life. My visits always included a meal at Sonny’s. Wish there was one near me.

Anyone traveling in the Bristol TN/VA area should go a bit south to visit The Ridgewood BBQ for a sliced pork platter and baked beans. When I traveled, I’d make a visit if I was anywhere within 100+ miles

The dude with suitcases full of shave soap has no shave soap in his suitcase?
True irony indeed. I had a puck in my Dopp kit. But I guess when I was packing I assumed I wouldn’t use up the Valobra while here, so I took it out.

Maybe I should have kept one of the pucks I gave @heysi? Lol

My younger brother lived in Jacksonville most of his adult life. My visits always included a meal at Sonny’s. Wish there was one near me.
Whenever we are at our house in St. Augustine we go there at least once or twice per trip... I usually get their smoked turkey sandwich.....

I grew up in Central Florida, and while Sonny's was good, there was a place in Auburndale, Florida that is probably some of the best I have ever had. It was called Peebles. I remember them only being open for about 6 months a year, and even then, it was only 3 days a week. But, man, it was good. Looking at their website, it appears that they are now only closed 2 months a year.

True irony indeed. I had a puck in my Dopp kit. But I guess when I was packing I assumed I wouldn’t use up the Valobra while here, so I took it out.

Maybe I should have kept one of the pucks I gave @heysi? Lol

Seriously. I went from two soaps, to about a dozen. The man is nothing if not generous. And handsome.

I'm wondering if I should start writing a Shave Journal now that I have a budding shave den thanks to @Spider.

I've always said, I'm not much of a Journal guy. I try from time to time, but it never sticks. It's a chore for me to keep it going.

This would be a preview of my Journal......should I decide to start one. Heck, I haven't updated my blog in two years.

Fasting all week, that explains why you've been so cranky!

Back