The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider’s Motorcycle Adventures

I guess I was thinking it won't work will a full face helmet, but remembered not everyone uses one of those. I went off at bike at 55mph once. Cracked the face shield right in the middle. I'd never ride without one.
Young and stupid I had a high side at 80 I shouldn't have survived. I had half and full. With a full face and a straw cup worked but mine was a modular that would flip up too.

Riding season isn't in full swing, but it is officially here! Rode the last two days with temps starting in the 40s but getting up to the 60s in the afternoon.

Felt really good to pull the bike out and do a little bit of cleaning. Still need to do a lot more. Also, looking forward to mornings that aren't so cold, so I can wear my Spidey jacket...

Thanks Dave.... so looking forward to this riding season.
Here Dave, Turn your volume WAAY up Get Close to the screen. It is almost like being there....... Well not really A trip on AZ rt 83 from Sonoita ( AZ's Winde Country )

Had a relatively nice day today, windy but in the 50s. Did some yard work and after I was done, decided to get the bike out and ride it around the block to get the fluids flowing and the battery charging! (My block is about an 18 mile trek. That’s living in the country for ya!) Sure felt good to get back on two wheels!

CE109A90-8287-4C55-8BB1-563A45AEE019.jpeg

This year has brought with it many challenges to getting out on the bike. With lots of rainy weather, COVID, everything being closed, working weird shifts, quarantines, and a month long deployment this year... I really didn't get a chance to ride at all this spring/summer. When I got back from my deployment earlier this month, I decided it was high time to get the bike out and ride! I've been riding to work almost every day since I got back. The weather has cooled down to 50s in the morning and 70s/80s in the afternoon, which makes for some perfect riding weather, and we've had hardly any rain since I got back. It really feels great to get the wind back in my face. WIll ride as much as I can until the weather gets too cold. Not sure if I'll take it out for any rides, other than commuting. We'll see.

Wooohoo! It's been so long since this thread was opened it went to the first page. Glad you're getting some riding end before winter comes. (Winter....is coming) But sad for the flat hawk.

We’ve got a big storm coming through starting tonight. Going to bring freezing rain and call for up to 12” of snow. So yesterday, while we still had some mild temperatures, I took the bike out for a short ride to fill up the tank and charge up the battery. Stopped at the VFW to take care of some Bingo business.

474BAC5F-36CE-4FBD-B909-698E27288222.jpeg54F751C4-1CB0-4EC0-9587-3D88C41E0B1C.jpeg

Been trying to ride as much as possible this year, especially with the ever increasing gas prices! If it's not raining, and I don't need to pick up groceries or the kids, then I'm riding!

Also, a few months ago, I started looking seriously into joining the Green Knights Military Motorcycle Club. I've only ridden solo before and was looking for a group to go on some more structured rides with and get out and see more of the back country. So, it's now official. I'm a member and was given my Back Patch. Now I just need to get it sewn on my vest to make it official. I'll post pics once I get the vest finished.

The Green Knights is an official MC, and is also formally recognized by the Armed Services. There are also other Knight organizations out there, like the Blue Knights (Law Enforcement) and the Red Knights (Firefighters), and a few smaller ones as well.

Back