The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider’s Hawaiian Vacation

Dude, those turtles are awesome! So jealous. I've only swam with turtles for a short time and definitely not that close.
It’s crazy here, or I just am really lucky, but I’ve seen turtles every time I’ve snorkeled, except for one place, but it was man made and isolated. Weird is that when I went to Hanauma Bay the first time I told the volunteer I saw one, and they said seeing them there was rare. Then I go back and I see one again.

It’s crazy here, or I just am really lucky, but I’ve seen turtles every time I’ve snorkeled, except for one place, but it was man made and isolated. Weird is that when I went to Hanauma Bay the first time I told the volunteer I saw one, and they said seeing them there was rare. Then I go back and I see one again.

Of all the times I went snorkeling in Hawaii, I can count on one hand how many times I saw a sea turtle!

It's a good sign...they were once on the verge of being extinct.

Then I’ll take that as a sign of good luck for me!

Today I went to Pearl Harbor. Took the ferry out to the USS Arizona Memorial. The dock needs repairing, so you cannot actually go on the memorial at this time.

Took a couple pics of the Submarine Bowfin, but did not take the tour, as I did that last time.

Drove to Ford Island and toured the Battleship Missouri. This was my first time visiting the Mighty MO.

And in the Pearl Harbor gift shop I found a stuffed animal Hawaiian Happy Face Spider. Man I find spider stuff everywhere. Now I need to find one of the real things!

Forget Spider-Man your a regular Aquaman!

More great pics KJ! I left Hawaii before the Missouri was anchored there. So that is something I would have liked to have seen. There used to be a real crappy nine hole par three golf course that I used play at probably once a week. I actually have fond memories of friends and I playing on Ford. Glad you are finding the time to enjoy yourself.

So when are we getting pics of you doing the island tour on a scooter!
1f60b.png

Probably won’t happen, but I have thought about it. Could be fun.

I know a lot of people scoff at renting a scooter and sight seeing. But man it is so much fun! Especially if you can do it with a couple of friends!

Did 2 hikes today. First was an easy 1.8 miles out&back trail to Manoa Falls. The second was a 3.4 mile loop, with 1100 feet of elevation change. It was challenging at times, but very fun. The inner 2.5 mile loop said it was 1.5-2.5hours to complete. We did it in 1 hour, since we ran a good portion of it.

And finally found a really cool critter!

Looks like a couple of great hikes. and that was a pretty good size critter for its type

Wow! Great pictures! I can almost smell the air. It’s incredible the picture quality from your iPhone,

Nice pics again KJ! That centipede could leave a nasty welt if it stings you. In some cases the sting can cause some extreme pain. A guy I knew was stung on the foot with one and his leg from the knee down swelled up so much he had to stay off of it for about a week. But very cool nonetheless. I am actually surprised you haven't seen a mongoose yet. Those critters are all over the place!

Tried surfing today. Waves weren’t great, and I think I had the wrong type of board. Got a good arm/shoulder workout with all that paddling, lol.

And had another great sunset.

What? No pick of the board? How long was the board? I know they are not sexy...but Long Borads are easier for new beginners in surfing as long as the waves are not huge. Waikiki Beach isn't known for big waves...but it is known for Long Board surfing. It's really cool to see a guy catch a wave WAY out there. Much farther out than catching a wave on Pipeline, Sunset, or any other North Shore Beach. Then watch that dude just ride that wave all the way in.

Nice Sunset!

It was a longboard, but it was so heavy, I couldn’t get the thing moving. Everyone else was catching waves but me. One guy told me to ask for a soft top next time. He said they are lighter and easier to use.

Back