The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD September 20-26, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikron mk2 v 1980s Progress, Treet Falcon, 4 setting. Mikron has less blade feel, a narrower sweet spot, and much less audible feedback than the Progress. However in my experience that milder feel does not compromise its efficiency, just means a bit more focus is required. That's no problem for me, thus the smoother Mikron still wins on points for me.
f1444ddf4cc360c407f2c836e3d6d60a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

4911F41C-329C-46CC-A838-F38657DDA9E2.jpeg
SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 24, 2021

RAZOR: CV Heljestrand Mk 29 4/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Sat 25 SOTD
Soap Stirling Mountain Man
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14
Razor Yaqi Slant
Blade JAWS Platinum 2nd + Double Shim
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice + Stirling Frost Drops
Nice pleasant scent from the soap. The lather is nicely creamy and slick too.
A very nice, smooth, and comfortable shave with this slant paired with the blade plus 2 shims. Blade chatter is further reduced resulting in enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were very good too.
20210925_100556.jpg

Denali/BIC. First outing. This is a very mild razor,. Started at 5 setting (6.5 max), upped to 6. First lather passes results were good but second required. As I usually do with suspended designs I added a shim for additional rigidity and set at the max 6.5 (overclock possible I'm told but I didn't). Care required not to stick my noggin but this worked well. I never change settings on my adjustables so I'm ok with having to max the thing out as long as it works. Will keep the shim for tomorrow's shave.
9d1e9ecc35369c41a959db2e5e91739e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Always a good day to enjoy the first shave on a freshly honed, new to you, straight razor.

Razor: Peerless Jr. made for C.M. Dickinson Co. Souix City Iowa.
Brush: Yaqi 22mm badger
Soap: CBL Master Barber Dragons Blood
Splash: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Scent: Quorum

20210925_100624.jpg

Sun 26 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Stirling Haverford Splash & Balm!
Awesome sweet tobaccoist scent from the soap. The lather was creamy and slick too...one of my favorite for sure!
SR adventures continue with this excellent razor! Enjoyed the nice smooth pasted balsa edge in 3passes without any issues for a dfs/ccs result. Matching aftershaves were awesome as well!
20210926_112022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back