The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD September 20-26, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
9E0A1435-3F14-41CF-9BE5-AC240BBB3B98.jpeg
SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 22, 2021

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), Valet Autostrop Model VC4 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather FAS-10. (18)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Tuesday AM 2021-09-21
National Escapology Day (Harry Houdini first performed Water Torture Cell escape on this date, 1912)
9nh876E.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/48)
Soap Commander Love (True Rose) shaving soap
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.74/WRH2
Polsilver Super Iridium (6)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave

The last time I used the Soap Commander, I had to work pretty hard to get good lather, but this time it was quite easy. Its scent is for me the best fresh, true rose in a soap.
uvNTsyB.jpg
Better than AoS Rose Absolute?

Wednesday AM 2021-09-22
National Ice Cream Cone Day
02ksk34.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Rose Absolute Trilogy Hydrosol + Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes
Wilkinson Bonded System (1)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave

Nothing makes better lather physically than the old-version XPEC creams, and the drops of rose and citrus made the scent perfect for the end of summer.
QVpZ9Pr.jpg

22 Sept. 2021

COVID Quarantine Day 4.

Still doing okay. Seem a little better than I have been feeling. The "Little dudes" as @NurseDave put it are starting to work.

Thought I could detect just the slightest flavor when I had my coffee this morning. Hopefully my sense of taste is starting to return. My sniffer is still broke unfortunately.

Great shave today though. This is probably going to be my go-to shave until things return to normal. Great performance. The scent (as I remember it) is light and was more on the medicinal side. Finished with a splash of Stirling's Eucalyptus Mint witch hazel (hoping to smell something... Nope :( )

Hopefully tomorrow continues to show improvement.

Have a great day.

Anigua Barbearia de Bairro Ribeira Shave Cream / RazoRock "Monster" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Eucalyptus Mint" Aloe & Witch Hazel

IMG-7233 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Thu 23 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Henkels Friodur 472
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple
A wonderfully happy scent from this soap. The lather is just so creamy and very slick...
Reached my 70th SR shave with this razor. Very enjoyable session. The razor's edge was as smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues for a mixed dfs/ccs/sas result. Aftershaves were awesome!
20210923_145911.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back