The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD September 20-26, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
B30C06B5-5081-46CF-AC15-0D68D5A371F4.jpeg
SOTD MONDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 20, 2021

RAZOR: Puma 88 5/8 (Mug), Barbasol FH (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Monster Aluminum Handled Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: PAA Coconut Bay w/ Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Coconut Bay w/ Lime AS Splash.

Monday, September 20
n0yyCSM.jpg

AoS Peppermint~~Simpson PJ2~~2011 Mühle R41/Polish Polsilver~~La Yuqawam

Have a great day!

Mon 20 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Evie
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
This is a surprisingly pleasant scented soap with good strength too. As with most Stirling, the lather is just impeccable...creamy and slick for the job!
Today's shave with this razor was acceptable. The razor's edge is smooth but perhaps not as keen. Managed 3passes for a sas result without any issues. Aftershaves were icy and just great.
20210920_121201.jpg

20 Sept. 2021

Hey guys.. Hope you're all doing well..

COVID Quarantine Day 2.

Still doing okay. Feel like I have a bad sinus infection. Keeping a check on my vitals. Sense of taste and smell are completely gone and that's the weirdest thing about this. Had hoped to go in and get the monoclonal antibody infusion today but I can't get in until tomorrow at noon.

Great shave today. Can't appreciate the fragrance so I'll have to enjoy that tactile aspects of the shave (it's not the same 😕). I've found one of the things that a good shave and hot cup of coffee can't fix.

Take care everyone.

Saponificio Varesino "Cubebe" Shave Soap / RazoRock 24mm "Tricolor" Synth / RazoRock .68-P Game Changer
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Cubebe" After Shave Lotion

IMG-7215.jpg

I’m relieved that it is milder so far and hope it stays that way! Here’s to you and a quick recovery and gaining your taste and smell senses back!

I’m relieved that it is milder so far and hope it stays that way! Here’s to you and a quick recovery and gaining your taste and smell senses back!
Thanks Brian. Glad I got the vaccine last May. Think that's helping out a lot. Got a close friend in the hospital now with it, intubated and unconscious. Docs are giving him a 50% chance of making it. He wasn't vaccinated. :(

Hey Gents, due to the volatility and differing opinions on the subject, please keep any and all discussions of Covid, not only civil, but also in your personal Journals. We will leave the ones here already posted, but any further ones will either be moved you your specific Journal, or Removed.

Thank you in Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back