The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 4-10, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday, October 9
khp4Eph.jpg

Santa Maria Novella~~Simpson PJ2~~1947 Gillette Super-Speed/Feather~~Vintage Polo (Warner)

Have a great day!

SOTD October 9
Finally the air is fresh and it feels like Fall. Perfect day to break out Darkfall. As usual, the lather was assisted with the Dean Markwalter Orange Brush. Mowing down the whiskers was the Schick injector, with handle and coating by Scott Ferguson. The brush and razor are cherished by me. Orange is the color for leukemia organizations and Monday will mark the three-year anniversary and of my sister’s passing from that horrid illness. This was a fantastic shave and another morning I remember the goodness and kindness of my sister, who was always one of my closest friends. Have a great day everyone and stay safe. Sorry for the rambling post today.View attachment 63258

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Super cool Schick you have there! Very nice!

Sun 10 SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Stirling Executive Man
Good lather from the cream. The pleasantly soothing scent, creamy and slick qualities...
The razor is good but somehow the blade is not...so the shave was a bit scrappy and not so smooth. Managed 3passes for a ccs/sas result. Aftershaves were nice though.
20211010_102837.jpg

Sun 10 SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Stirling Executive Man
Good lather from the cream. The pleasantly soothing scent, creamy and slick qualities...
The razor is good but somehow the blade is not...so the shave was a bit scrappy and not so smooth. Managed 3passes for a ccs/sas result. Aftershaves were nice though.
View attachment 63329
The Purple Mink is pretty eye-catching

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: Merkur HD 34C
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Brush: Razorock Synthetic Badger, 22mm
Bowl: Potter's House Ceramic (local shop)

Lather: Catie's Bubbles Le Gardenia De L'Etalon Shaving Soap

Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion

A good, comfortable shave. Catie's Bubbles is a very good soap. I have hard water and it lathers wonderfully without fail. I had a sample blade of the Gillette Super Thin blade before and liked it so I recently purchased some. It pairs well with the Merkur 34. My go-to Witch Hazel and Aftershave Splash really topped the shave off. Two passes. Close and clean with no nicks or weepers or razor burn.

Have a great day everyone
83f1c73b082bad6b555d9f44d0e660c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

SOTD October 9
Finally the air is fresh and it feels like Fall. Perfect day to break out Darkfall. As usual, the lather was assisted with the Dean Markwalter Orange Brush. Mowing down the whiskers was the Schick injector, with handle and coating by Scott Ferguson. The brush and razor are cherished by me. Orange is the color for leukemia organizations and Monday will mark the three-year anniversary and of my sister’s passing from that horrid illness. This was a fantastic shave and another morning I remember the goodness and kindness of my sister, who was always one of my closest friends. Have a great day everyone and stay safe. Sorry for the rambling post today.View attachment 63258

Sorry for your lose. I lost a sister years ago so I can imagine how you feel. The razor is beautiful.

8E18AE6A-F8DB-4DFD-807F-7F58C21EB481.png
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 10, 2021

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Colonial Silversmith (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Williams Aqua Velva AS Splash (Spanish Version)

SOTD October 9

I’m sorry for your loss - remembering your sister for the fantastic person she was - glad you can do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back