The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 4-10, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
6D63F7AD-C55D-4AD2-871D-AFED02091EBF.jpeg
SOTD MONDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 4, 2021

RAZOR: Dovo Special 5/8 (Mug), Gillette New LC (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Aluminum Handle #005 with 24mm SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte AS Splash.

Injectors really are great razors. Some boozy dragon rounds it all out.

Razor: Eversharp Schick Injector G
Blade: Schick Injector (?)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm D20
Soap: CBL Master Barber Dragons Blood
Splash: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Scent: Majikah Perfumery Dragon Master

20211004_042839.jpg

Monday, October 4
P00CUwk.jpg

AoS Peppermint~~Morris & Forndran Ali Baba 2~~Böker Red-Injun 101~~Christian Dior Fahrenheit

Have a great day!

4 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A good shave and hot cuppa helped though. Got in my order of the SV "Tundra Artica" Special Edition (in the Beta 4.3 formula) Saturday and Decided to use it today. Great soap and scent. Citrus and oud... interesting combination. I could also detect some leather-ish notes in there as well. Very nice. Finished with a splash of the matching after shave and a spray of Versace "Eros".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Tundra Artica" Shave Soap / YAQI Deep Blue - Arctic Sky Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Saponificio Varesino "Tundra Artica" Aftershave Lotion / Versace "Eros" EdT

IMG-7303.jpg

Monday, October 4, 2021
Shaver: Feather Artist Club SS Kamisori
Blade: Univinlions
Preshave: PAA Holliday Cube
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Bailey's
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready
Post shave: PAA alum block, Stirling unscented mentholated witch hazel, Bailey's aftershave
IMG_2021092722.jpg

OCtober Mon 4th SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Parker 26C OC
Blade Pro 500 Platinum 2nd use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Balm
A gorgeous kinda sweetish cigarish scent from the soap. The lather was good too...creamy and slick!
This shave with the razor and blade combo was very comfy. Smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues. The matching aftershave balm was awesome!
20211004_145835.jpg
TabacOCtober Tue 5 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Gillette Winner 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Super duper awesome Tabac! So rich so creamy and so slick...with a nice scent too!
This shave with my oldest razor (need to fiddle some to align the blade) paired with the blade was excellent! Very smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish. The aftershaves were terrific as well.
20211005_075318.jpg

Open Comb Tech-Prismatic/Twin Treet Falcon/Proraso. The huge cap span makes the Prismatic a very noisy razor, using 2 Falcon blades on the OC Tech plate quiets considerably. Marvelous comfort and efficiency. I could have done without a second lather on my head but used the excess to do a cleanup pass using the stock plate which I'll return to tomorrow.
ea24eac454141f4994cd633e3aa06f6d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

5 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave today! Been a while since I last used Seaforth! Spiced so I wanted to remedy that today. Fantastic scent and performance fro the shave soap. Finished with the matching aftershave toner and EdT. Fantastic!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Synth / RazorRock Game Changer .68-P / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" Aftershave Toner / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" EdT

IMG-7324.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back