The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 25-31, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday, October 30
rDWVtbA.jpg

Santa Maria Novella~~Simpson PJ2~~RazoRock GC OC .84/Sharp Star~~Dyptique Oud Palao

Have a great day!

Razor: Colonial Razors, The General SE

Blade: Feather Pro (2)

Brush: PAA Peregrino Synth, 24mm

Bowl: Stirling Collapsible Travel

Lather: Catie's Bubbles, Celtic Knot

Irisch Moos After Shave

Have a great day everyone

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
20e2a210b2dd3a6141eb1284cf347869.jpg

Sat 30 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor RazoRock SLOC
Blade SuperShaver X New & 1st use
Aftershave TGS Sea Citrus
Excellent lather from this soap. Rich, creamy and very slick...pleasant scent too!
A good razor and a good blade too. Very smooth and comfortable but perhaps not as efficient combo...hmmm. 3passes without issues for a dfs result. Aftershave was great...

View attachment 65381
Beautiful!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Color me jealous 😆 - such a cool bottle and from everything I’ve heard a fantastic scent!

The bottle is cool. However, it has no diffuser so I put some in a smaller glass bottle so I don't waste the stuff. It comes with a glass dropper but I found that to be too much trouble. The scent reminds me fall holiday take on bay rum. I pick up the bourbon with many of the scents I associate with fall. If I notice in stock I will let you know.

30 October, 2021

Good afternoon Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

@Scuttlesoap requested an Evil Dead / Army of Darkness themed shave and I did my best on short notice. To begin, I went back to Southern Witchcrafts, this time choosing their "Autumn Ash" shave soap because the protagonist in all the Evil Dead movies is of course, named "Ash"... "Ash J. Williams". Great soap and perfect for fall. Dark and resinous with notes maple, spices, (Boom-stick) smoke, amber, cedar, oud and a laundry list of other accords. You'd have to be some kind of Primitive Screwhead not to like it! And what would be the Ash approved aftershave for a shave like this? Well, if you watched the short-lived Starz series "Ash vs. Evil Dead", you'd know that Ash is a die-hard Clubman guy.

IMG-7550.JPG

Finished with some "Canoe" cologne. Great shave! Nice enough to make anyone feel like "Mr. Fancy Pants".

Hope you're having a great weekend. 🎃

Southern Witchcrafts "Amber Ash" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Kokopelli" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Lotion / Dana "Canoe" EdT / Remington Express 00 Buckshot

IMG-7553.jpg

30 October, 2021

Good afternoon Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

@Scuttlesoap requested an Evil Dead / Army of Darkness themed shave and I did my best on short notice. To begin, I went back to Southern Witchcrafts, this time choosing their "Autumn Ash" shave soap because the protagonist in all the Evil Dead movies is of course, named "Ash"... "Ash J. Williams". Great soap and perfect for fall. Dark and resinous with notes maple, spices, (Boom-stick) smoke, amber, cedar, oud and a laundry list of other accords. You'd have to be some kind of Primitive Screwhead not to like it! And what would be the Ash approved aftershave for a shave like this? Well, if you watched the short-lived Starz series "Ash vs. Evil Dead", you'd know that Ash is a die-hard Clubman guy.

View attachment 65458

Finished with some "Canoe" cologne. Great shave! Nice enough to make anyone feel like "Mr. Fancy Pants".

Hope you're having a great weekend. 🎃

Southern Witchcrafts "Amber Ash" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Kokopelli" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Lotion / Dana "Canoe" EdT / Remington Express 00 Buckshot

View attachment 65459
1635634685467.jpeg

Sun 31 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade SuperShaver X 2nd Use
Another excellent soap with nice aquatic scent and creamily thick slick lather...
This blade performs better when paired with the razor. Really easy, smooth and comfortable 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues. Matching aftershave was great too.
20211031_063219.jpg

Sun 31 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade SuperShaver X 2nd Use
Another excellent soap with nice aquatic scent and creamily thick slick lather...
This blade performs better when paired with the razor. Really easy, smooth and comfortable 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues. Matching aftershave was great too.
View attachment 65483
Another set of great pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back