The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 25-31, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
FBABB483-BCD7-478B-872A-5CBD4ACEF0A8.jpeg
SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 28, 2021

RAZOR: Puma 88 5/8 (Mug), Gem Model 1912
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Lavender Pour Homme AS Splash.

63ce13c73681cb9885fc1a4125cca6f7.jpg

GaRtBnX

28 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Another fantastic shave today. Went with Oz Shaving's "40 Crows" shave soap. If you haven't tried Oz Shaving I highly recommend you do. Their Emerald Soap Base provides a wonderful lather. "40 Crows" is a wonderful fall scent. Bergamot, lemon & neroli sit atop a base of amber and oakmoss, with some rose, patchouli and the musky-sweet smell of dry leaves in there as well. All these elements combine to produce (to my nose anyway) a wonderful fragrance akin to a warm autumn beverage.. Almost cider-like.. Maybe a toddy.. Truly wonderful. I finished with a splash of Clubman's Reserve "Brandy Spice" splash (with added skin food) and a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Oz Shaving "40 Crows" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Candy Corn" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Clubman Reserve "Brandy Spice" After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" EdP

IMG-7535.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors - The General SE
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Brush: Vie-Long Horse, 21mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Lather: WSP Formula T, Ol' Kentucky

Lustray Coachman After Shave

A great three passes to a BBS finish. Very good products all.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
5ce6808f40ddfa8de1b684d44c3a956e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

28 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Another fantastic shave today. Went with Oz Shaving's "40 Crows" shave soap. If you haven't tried Oz Shaving I highly recommend you do. Their Emerald Soap Base provides a wonderful lather. "40 Crows" is a wonderful fall scent. Bergamot, lemon & neroli sit atop a base of amber and oakmoss, with some rose, patchouli and the musky-sweet smell of dry leaves in there as well. All these elements combine to produce (to my nose anyway) a wonderful fragrance akin to a warm autumn beverage.. Almost cider-like.. Maybe a toddy.. Truly wonderful. I finished with a splash of Clubman's Reserve "Brandy Spice" splash (with added skin food) and a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Oz Shaving "40 Crows" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Candy Corn" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Clubman Reserve "Brandy Spice" After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" EdP

View attachment 65150
That soap sounds fantastic.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Thursday AM 2021-10-28
National Immigrants Day
RgW0mRb.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version) + Moroccan Rose Absolute
LASSC BBS-1/Triad Aristocrat Brass & SS
Wilkinson Light Brigade (7)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave

Nothing makes better lather than the first-version XPEC, and a few drops of the rose absolute lightened its heavy Oriental scent nicely.
L3pLG7C.jpg

Thu 28 SR SOTD
Soap Yaqi PinaColada Chillers (aka Master Soap Creations) New & 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
The soap smells good off the tub..pineapple and menthol. The lather was great...very cooling, nice scent...the strength just nice. It was nicely creamy and quite slick too...no regrets!
Shave with the razor was very nice...great contrast to hear and feel the thin hollow edge after a few sessions with a wedge. The razor was keen yet smooth and very comfortable. 3passes for a dfs result. Aftershaves were excellent.
View attachment 65127
That sounds like it smells awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back