The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 25-31, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 64933

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Butterscotch
Lather: CBL Soap Dread Pirate Roberts
Aftershave: CBL Soap Dread Pirate Roberts
Additional Care: John Varvatos Dark Rebel EdT

The Tedalus is the nicest looking shavette I have seen. With the thumb notch and the tail, it has the same profile as a straight, especially when the thin design of the razor itself is thrown in. Enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wed 27 Kamisori SR SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Seville Splash
This is a wonderful soap! Love the scent and the creamy and very slick lather too...
I'm enjoying this Kamisori razor even more. The edge feels really mild, smooth, and very comfortable but yet efficient. Very maneuverable and forgiving for a new straight razor. So far no blood has been spilled despite some mistakes. 3+1passess for a dfs finish. Aftershaves were just awesome.
20211027_142759.jpg

Smelling spooky like fog and graveyard dirt.

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB 38
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timberwolf
Soap: CBL Oud Minerale
Splash: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Scent: Majikah Perfumery Demon Blood

20211027_042753.jpg

99141F04-2F18-4E7F-A4D7-78EE29D027FB.jpeg
SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 27, 2021

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Valet Autostrop VC1 (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: BG Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Platinum AS Splash.

27 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave today. Went with Southern Witchcrafts "Carmilla" shave soap. The SW website states that "Carmilla" is a tribute to one of the first vampire stories. I wasn't familiar with it so I did some Google-Fu and apparently it predates Stoker's Dracula by 26 years. The soap is a lovely melange of warm, sensuous spices with additional fruity, floral and green notes. I don't have the matching splash so I wanted to go with something appropriate for the theme. In the story, the protagonist lives in a castle in an extensive forest in Styria. So, to finish off the shave I decided to go with Avon's "Deep Woods" splash and cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Southern Witchcrafts "Carmilla" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Candy Corn" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Vintage Avon "Deep Woods" After Shave Splash (+ skin food) / Vintage Avon "Deep Woods" EdC

IMG-7524.jpg

Last edited:
Razor: Karve Brass C-plate ,OC
Blade: Trig Silver Edge (3)
Brush: WSP Black Badger, 21mm
Bowl: Supply Marble

Lather: The Gentleman's Groom Room, Sweet Gale

Barrister & Mann Fougere Classique
Have a great day everyone
bb50253171313667309315a6d62b7987.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

View attachment 65026
SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 27, 2021

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Valet Autostrop VC1 (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: BG Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Platinum AS Splash.
fine shave and pic Jeff..

OCtober 27th
DS Cosmetic Z0 w Astra SP
APShave 2Bed/Evan's #002
Fine Platinum combo
Thayers
aserf.jpg
My apologies for the discrepancy between pic and write up- I didn't end up changing the Astra out of the razor to the GSB as planned. That was a mistake...will rectify for tomorrow.
Have a great day all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back