The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD May 2 - May 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday AM 2022-05-04
The first Grammy Awards show was aired on this date in 1959, Beverly Hills-NYC
Dp9XF9Q.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Rose Essence hydrosol
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (5)
Mennen Skin Bracer
BJtQRDA.jpg

4 May, 2022

Good mornign Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

So what started out as a great morning took a tragic turn when my Blackland Era slipped out of my hand while shaving. The attachment bolt in the cap snapped and the razor fell apart..

View attachment 82008

I contacted Blackland to see how I can order a replacement (no caps showing on their site). It was a great shave up until then. Went with Noble Otter's "Lonestar" soap which provided a super slick and cushioning base. Three passes and I finished with a splash of "Timberline" after shave and a spray of Tom Ford "Beau de Jour".

Maybe I'll hear back from Blackland soon.

Noble Otter "Lonestar" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Prismatic" Synth / Blackland "Era" / KAI
Alum / MEM Co. "Timberline" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour"

View attachment 82007
So sorry for your loss

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Thu 5 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Barrister & Mann Vespers Balm
Just excellent the scent & lather from this soap. Thickly creamy and slick...
A good satisfactory shave from this razor. Stropped on Kanayama, the edge is very smooth and comfortable. Efficiency still required skill improvement. Tried too hard and resulted in 3 micro red spots :LOL: in 3passes for a dfs-ccs result. The matching aftershave balm truly enhanced the scent, lasting too.
20220505_183829.jpg

Merkur 37C Slant
Voskhod Teflon Coated Blade (1)
Omega Boar 21/48

Simpsons Peppermint & Rosemary Shaving Cream

Dickinson's Witch Hazel with Peppermint and Tea Tree oils added,
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe Tonique Aftershave Splash

Have a great shave
f3a97752a246034a582da0f6bfb35bcd.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

5 May, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave today. Single scent shaving items can be hit or miss with me but "Sicilian Lemon" soap and splash from Eleven is a definite hit. Wonderful crisp, clean, refreshing lemon scent and great quality lather to boot. Three passes and I finished with the splash and a spray of Calvin Klein "CK One" EdT. Perfect start to what's going to be a hot and humid day. 🍋

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Eleven "Sicilian Lemon" Shave Soap / WWBW "Gold Coast" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Eleven "Sicilian Lemon" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Calvin Klein "CK One" EdT

IMG-9112.jpg

Thursday AM 2022-05-05
Birthdate in 1830 of John Batterson Stetson (founder of hat company in 1865)
vSseiwe.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
Floris Santal shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Shaving Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (6)
Paco Rabanne 1 Million aftershave

The Floris cream made wonderful spicy sandalwood lather, and the old Personna blade was extraordinarily smooth, as if it was made specifically for the razor. The Adamas has the Damascus pattern but is more highly polished, so it does not have the surface roughness of the Damascus. And the aftershave's light spiciness finished the shave very nicely.
voM1Th5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back