The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD May 2 - May 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday AM 2022-05-03
The world's first regular steam train passenger service started on this date in 1830, Liverpool & Manchester Railway
ISUSuYN.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Soap Commander Love (True Rose) shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (4)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
f0qlcqE.jpg

Wed 4 SOTD
Soap Lothur Dave
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Persona X Series 5th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Lothur Dave Splash + Captain's Choice Venture Balm
Finally, whipped up the best lather out of this soap so far! Richly creamy and very slick! The scent is pleasant & light!
My best cheap non-adjustable DE! Today, paired with this surprisingly good blade gave me one of the best shaves! Based on initial use, I never thought this blade can go so far but it was unbelievably crisp, smooth, and efficient! 3passes without any issues, I get one of the best bbs finishes I've ever had in a long time! The aftershaves were just terrific!
20220504_093034.jpg

Wednesday, May 4, 2022
Shaver: Fatip Classic Lo Storto
Blade: Lord Cool
Pre-shave: PAA Ice cube
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street Rose
Brush: The Shaven Sailor 3'D printed handle
Post-shave: PAA alum block, Humphreys Rose witch hazel, Van Yulay Petals de Rose aftershave.
PXL_20220427_144551089_2.jpg

4 May, 2022

Good mornign Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

So what started out as a great morning took a tragic turn when my Blackland Era slipped out of my hand while shaving. The attachment bolt in the cap snapped and the razor fell apart.. 😭

IMG-9107a.jpg

I contacted Blackland to see how I can order a replacement (no caps showing on their site). It was a great shave up until then. Went with Noble Otter's "Lonestar" soap which provided a super slick and cushioning base. Three passes and I finished with a splash of "Timberline" after shave and a spray of Tom Ford "Beau de Jour".

Maybe I'll hear back from Blackland soon.

Noble Otter "Lonestar" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Prismatic" Synth / Blackland "Era" / KAI
Alum / MEM Co. "Timberline" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour"

IMG-9105.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back