The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD March 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
28 March, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

"Budget Friendly Shaves - Day 7"

Very good shave this morning. Not as nice as yesterday's but still good. Like, the C.O. Bigelow cream, it's been a while since I last used Van Der Hagen. Still had some of the old style soap before they went all "upscale". This is the VDH Deluxe soap with aloe and shea butter. Very lightly scented and the lather was a bit airy, but very slick. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the Model T and I finished with a splash of Clubman "Musk" and a spray of Rochas "Moustache" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Van Der Hagen "Deluxe" Shave Soap / Shavemac 120 ST Badger / Rockwell "Model T" / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Clubman "Musk" After Shave Splash / Rochas "Moustache" EdT

IMG-1839.jpg

Last edited:
788118245ad87ce740975136c2d0392c.jpg

GaRtBnX
Cool brush

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Fatip launched the blades into the market at the beginning of this year. They don't produce it, they look like the boker ones. They are doble packed. They say made in E. U. Expensive blades but long lasting, ti's is the 7th shave... Last one I stopped using it at the 10th cause I got annoyed
... View attachment 108157View attachment 108158View attachment 108159View attachment 108160
Thanks, I'm going to see if I can affordably find some.

Tuesday AM 2023-03-28
Nathaniel Briggs first patented a washing machine on this date in 1797
04Ae9Hz.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH7 Antique Bronze
Personna 74 Tungsten (9)
Prada pour Homme aftershave

With their shared notes of neroli, geranium, sandalwood, and cedar, the shaving cream and aftershave worked really well together. The razor is good, but it just isn't as smooth for me as my other razors.
uZg5R6A.jpg

28 March, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

"Budget Friendly Shaves - Day 7"

Very good shave this morning. Not as nice as yesterday's but still good. Like, the C.O. Bigelow cream, it's been a while since I last used Van Der Hagen. Still had some of the old style soap before they went all "upscale". This is the VDH Deluxe soap with aloe and shea butter. Very lightly scented and the lather was a bit airy, but very slick. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the Model T and I finished with a splash of Clubman "Musk" and a spray of Rochas "Moustache" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Van Der Hagen "Deluxe" Shave Soap / Shavemac 120 ST Badger / Rockwell "Model T" / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Clubman "Musk" After Shave Splash / Rochas "Moustache" EdT

View attachment 108179

Nice brush!! :p👏👏

28 March 2023

03F3CE17-60DD-42F2-95E1-5989BEF89346.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Super Blue Tech
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 9th use
Brush: Omega 011842 Premium Jade
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Standard “Rawhide” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Geo. F. Trumper Officers And Gentlemens Puck
Aftershave: Aqua Velva (Williams) Fresh Control Loción Aftershave

Budget shaves continue apace.

Thanks, I'm going to see if I can affordably find some.

I found some Fatip blades at The Razor Company. A little under $4 USD for pack of 10. I purchased two packs. They will last me a good long time considering I already have about 2000 blades of different kinds .

Last edited:
DSC_1046 copy (1).png
Wednesday 03.29.23
RAZOR: Boti Anodised Titanium AC Rzor: Meteor
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: Oumo 01 Venus SHD Badger 26mm FAN
LATHER: Noble Otter Soap Co. Two Kings Shave Soap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back