The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD March 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_1086.png
Friday Afternoon Shave 03.31.23
RAZOR: Stirling Stainless DE Razor, Standard Head, Dallas Handle
BLADE: Astra Superior Platinum
BRUSH: Elite Razor Red, White and Blue Manchurian White
LATHER: Ariana & Evans Asian Plum Shaving Soap

Friday AM 2023-03-31
Budimir Sobat set the official static apnea (breath-holding in water) world record of 24 minutes 33 seconds on this date in 2021
WfRuznd.jpg

A sort of Hemingway shave this morning, with the Ivory brush and Diamondback razor reminding me of his African safaris, in addition to the Caribbean-scented shaving cream and aftershave. My only 'connection' to Hemingway is the fact that while in high school I dated a girl who at one time held the women's world record for a marlin caught on a particular weight of fishing line.

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Hemingway Accoutrements + Trumper Coconut shaving creams mixture
Paradigm Diamondback
Personna 74 Tungsten (12)
Hemingway Accoutrements aftershave
aRodBwu.jpg

Sat 1st
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Titan ACRM-2 Madagascan Mahogany Timber Scales
Rich, creamy, and slick lather from this soap. The scent is usually strong but my olfactory sense is 100% muted...dang!
This razor with an initial cnat edge was put through the HBA and the roo leather. The shave was at an acceptable level of smoothness and comfort but I prefer a crispier keener edge. Will continue to work on the edge with the HBA without going through the diamond balsa. The result for today's shave was dfs-sas...
20230401_122802.jpg

DSC_1106 (1).png
Saturday 04.01.23
RAZOR: Boti Anodised Titanium AC Rzor: Meteor
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: Boti Enlightener 26mm 3-Band SHD Badger
LATHER: Barrister and Mann Oceana Shave Soap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back