The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD March 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
27 March, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

"Budget Friendly Shaves - Day 6"

One of the best shave I've ever had this morning. Don't think I could have gotten a better one with products costing five to six times as much. Haven't used the C.O. Bigelow cream in a LONG time and had forgotten how good it is. There was a time before I joined here (took a break form all shaving forums) that this was the only cream I used. Wonderfully scented and slick lather for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '68 Slim and I finished with a splash of Aqua Velva Classic "Ice Blue" and a spray of Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

C.O. Bigelow "Premium Shave Cream" / RazoRock "Chubby" 506 ST Badger / 1968 Gillette Slim / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Aqua Velva Classic "Ice Blue" After Shave Splash / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdT

IMG-1833.jpg

Monday AM 2023-03-27
Ponce de Leon sighted North America on this date in 1513
tPHjlR1.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme shaving soap
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (8)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme aftershave

Wonderful lavender on a sunny spring morning.
dpdtmGy.jpg
jZyGJ9p.jpg

27 March, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

"Budget Friendly Shaves - Day 6"

One of the best shave I've ever had this morning. Don't think I could have gotten a better one with products costing five to six times as much. Haven't used the C.O. Bigelow cream in a LONG time and had forgotten how good it is. There was a time before I joined here (took a break form all shaving forums) that this was the only cream I used. Wonderfully scented and slick lather for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '68 Slim and I finished with a splash of Aqua Velva Classic "Ice Blue" and a spray of Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

C.O. Bigelow "Premium Shave Cream" / RazoRock "Chubby" 506 ST Badger / 1968 Gillette Slim / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Aqua Velva Classic "Ice Blue" After Shave Splash / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdT

View attachment 108121
I used up my Bigelow, but I read that it was made by Proraso. I think I remember reading the tube or box and seeing it was true. I have no shortage of Proraso Green or other colors either. It's good stuff.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Wow. I had no idea Fatip had a blade.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Fatip launched the blades into the market at the beginning of this year. They don't produce it, they look like the boker ones. They are doble packed. They say made in E. U. Expensive blades but long lasting, ti's is the 7th shave... Last one I stopped using it at the 10th cause I got annoyed
... IMG_20230328_053541_edit_23587031108603.jpgIMG_20230328_053550_edit_23605404227138.jpgIMG_20230328_053638_edit_23625904713745.jpgIMG_20230328_053706_edit_23647402707799.jpg

Tue 28
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Ever reliable soap for the nice scent with the matching splash and the rich creamy and slick lather.
Another wonderful shave with this small razor after stroping on the roo leather. 3 buttery smooth and efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230328_071528.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back