The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 June, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave today! Went back to Martin de Candre and their "Agrumes" shave soap. Nice, bright citrus with lemon and tart grapefruit notes most prevalent. Very refreshing and with the PAA "Ice Cube" preshave soap, a nice menthol kick on this hot, humid day. Excellent lather whipped up with the Badlands Shaving "Parrothead" brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the EJ 3ONE6 and I finished with some ETHOS Grooming Essentials Personal Blend "Sicilian Lemon EO" Skin Food Splash.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

PAA "Ice Cube Preshave Soap / Martin De Candre "Agrumes" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving "Parrothead" ST Badger / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials Personal Blend "Sicilian Lemon EO" Skin Food Splash

IMG-2569.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather AC Pro(D1)
Brush: Heritage Collection Merit 99-5 26mm Badger
Bowl: Georgetown 4.5” Opal-Iron
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter Monoi de Tahiti Iced
Butter: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Nobel Otter Monoi de Tahiti

Razor: Karve Overlander Stainless Steel
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian (Faux Sapphire)
Lather: Macduff's Soap Company Birch Root
Aftershave: Royalle Lyme Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Humphreys Maravilla
Osma Tradition Alum Block
84704d8ab2f5b556b856cf8d39149ec2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Mon 26
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM PTFE 6th
Today's soap & excellent brush created a very good creamy slick cool lather & with the matching splash...so cold, perfect for facing a hot humid day. The last use of this excellent vintage razor was in Sept last year and today, combined with the well-used blade last used in Dec...enjoyed a fast but enjoyable 2 pass shave for a dfs finish...
20230626_170632.jpg

26 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning! Went back to Ariana & Evans and their "Rio de Janeiro" soap. Lovely tropical scent with notes of Grapefruit, guava and bergamot with hints of light florals atop a soft, woody base. Excellent lather built with the Rich Man Shaving ST badger brush. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with Murray and Lanman "Agua de Florida" cologne splash and Alexandria Fragrances "Tropical Night" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Ariana & Evans "Rio de Janeiro" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving 874 ST Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Murray and Lanman "Agua de Florida" Cologne / Alexandria Fragrances "Tropical Night" EdP

IMG-2573.jpg

I haven't seen Florida water in a while! I need to bust mine out for the next shave! Cheers @MarkB
26 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning! Went back to Ariana & Evans and their "Rio de Janeiro" soap. Lovely tropical scent with notes of Grapefruit, guava and bergamot with hints of light florals atop a soft, woody base. Excellent lather built with the Rich Man Shaving ST badger brush. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with Murray and Lanman "Agua de Florida" cologne splash and Alexandria Fragrances "Tropical Night" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Ariana & Evans "Rio de Janeiro" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving 874 ST Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Murray and Lanman "Agua de Florida" Cologne / Alexandria Fragrances "Tropical Night" EdP

View attachment 113774

Tuesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather AC Pro(D2)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Chalice 28mm Blonde Badger
Bowl: Symmetrical Sheet Metal
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Unscented
Shave Soap: Tabac
Balm: Tabac
Cologne: Tabac

Razor: Karve Overlander Stainless Steel
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Pre-Shave: Cella Pre-shave gel
Lather: Cella Red Shave Cream with Shea Butter
Aftershave: Cella Lozione Dopabarba Aftershave
Additional Care:
Humphreys Maravilla
Osma Tradition Alum Block
f873746a42a6d370715bbcc7cd553622.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Tue 27
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
Nice enough lather from the soap+brush combo.
This heavy-weight razor was refreshed again on the HBA, resulting in an enjoyable buttery smooth edge...nice!
20230627_123906.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back