The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD June 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Paradigm Diamondback
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian (Faux Sapphire)
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Floris No. 89
Additional Care:
Humphreys Maravilla
Osma Tradition Alum Block
6020770eb6036f2b2c844539233b11e0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

30 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave to start the day. First use of the Uncle Jon's "Surf & Sand" soap. Super slick, thick and cushioning lather with excellent slip but I was a little disappointed with the scent. Very "beachy" yes, but I was hoping for something more old school suntan lotion. Looking for a little more coconut / tropical vibe. But, as stated, excellent lather for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with some Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" after shave splash and some Prada "Luna Rossa" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Uncle Jon's "Surf & Sand" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving ST Badger / 60's Psycho Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Prada "Luna Rossa' EdT

IMG-2610.jpg

IMG_0305.jpeg
30 June 2023

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 46th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Saponificio Varesino Shaving Grail Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Ethos Rosa Cream
Aftershave: Ethos Rosa Aftershave

Sat 1st
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel
Lovely creamy slick soap & together with the matching balm...the scent is nice and long-lasting...
Beautiful shave with this excellent razor with a diamond balsa edge. Hmmm...some razors perform better with the ark and some, better with the diamond balsa...so interesting!
20230701_141641.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back