The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 July 2023

IMG_0399.jpeg

Razor: Timeless Ti 68 Solid Bar
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 7th use
Brush: Simpsons Keyhole KH4 Best Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Evil Cube Soap
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Old Salty Croap
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Old Salty Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

Battle of the Henson razors
Blue Henson : medium aggressive
Black Henson: high aggressive.
For beginners definitely recommend the medium aggressive Henson, pretty much won't hardly nick you unless nlade needs changed. Either cuts or it doesn't if you don't maintain angle.

for me either my Constantine razor wire beard the aggressive wins if haven’t shaved for a couple days

Both razors have RK Blades

View attachment 115044
Thanks for your post. I have the medium and I find it on the mild side.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Merkur 23C CC Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium Blade (5)
Omega Boar Brush 21/48

PAA Dapper Doc's Lilac & Fig Shaving Soap

Humphrey's Lilac Witch Hazel
Pitralon Classic After Shave
2bada7a5cbcc6b2949d0e1368f63f18d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

SOTD - 7/12/2023

Abbate y La Mantia Crumiro Trifecta
Smilez for Milez Scate Board Boar

Thiers Issard 275 1196 Evide Sonnant Extra French Straight Razor | Carbon Steel | 6/8 Size | Extra Full Hollow Ground | Round Point | Ebony Wood Handle Made in FranceIMG_8291.jpeg

13 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Budget-friendly shave today and it was stellar! Went with RazoRock's "Lime" triple-milled shave soap. Great scent strength off the puck and when lathered. The lather quality was excellent as well, built with the Semogue SOC Premium Boar brush. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 and I finished with some RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" after shave splash and Clubman "Citrus Musk" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

RazoRock "Lime" Shave Cream / Semogue SOC Premium Boar / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" After Shave Splash / Clubman "Citrus Musk" EdC

IMG-2691.jpg

Thu 13
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade JAWS Platinum 2nd
Really nice soap and matching splash. Beautiful lather...
A superb combination of this razor and blade. 3 smooth & crisp passes for a bbs-dfs finish. Somehow my local JAWS is friendlier compared to foreign Sharks...
20230713_124322.jpg

Friday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS (D5)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Chalice 28mm Blonde Badger
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Cream: Acqua Di Parma
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus

Fri 14
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor John-Bert Cutlery Rattler
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Love this soap & splash combo for the aromatic scent and the nice brush whip up a creamy and slick lather!
Missed using a straight for 11 days and today's shave with this excellent razor felt so good! The razor's edge is still original from the seller and it was perfectly smooth, comfortable, and efficient. Stropped on the Kanayama, and enjoyed 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230714_172434.jpg

14 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. New soap day with the Grooming Dept. "Chypre D'Ananas". Great scent with a huge pineapple blast right off the top. Grapefruit slides in just under that with cedar and oakmoss playing more supporting roles. Excellent lather built with the Shavemac 120 ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with Myrsol "Agua De Limon" after shave splash and Paco Rabanne "1 Million" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Grooming Dept. "Chypre D'Ananas" Shave Soap / Shavemac 120 ST Badger / 60's Psycho Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Myrsol "Agua De Limon" After Shave Splash / Paco Rabanna "1 Million" EdT

IMG-2696.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back