The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwin Jagger DE86 Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium Blade (6)
WSP Monarch HD Silvertip 22/49

Proraso Green Shaving Cream

Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion
94121920d6a675ebf5266b48d396a440.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

16 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Went back with the "Rio de Janeiro" shave cream soap from Ariana and Evans. Great scent with a nice blend of tropical fruits and florals along with hints of rum and woods. Excellent lather built with the Semogue Galahad C3 premium boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" after shave splash and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Ariana & Evans "Rio de Janeiro" Shave Soap / Semogue Galahad Premium Boar / 60's Psycho Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-2710.jpg

16 July 2023

IMG_0444.jpeg

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 3rd use
Brush: Plisson Boule Blanc Européen Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Standard “Rawhide” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Geo. F. Trumper Officers And Gentlemens Puck
Balm: Ethos Bergamotto Skin Food Lotion
Fragrance: Creed Original Vétiver EdP

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: WCS Slant/Weber Bulldog
Blade: Super Iridium (D1)
Brush: Zenith H1 Horse 28mm
Bowl: TW 3D Printed
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Yeti Snot
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Alcolado Glacial

Last edited:
Mon 17
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Yaqi Rosegold DOC
Blade Shark Super Stainless 2nd
Superb lather from this soap...rich creamy and slick...together with the matching splash...smells wonderful!
Continuing with Shark Week...today's combination of razor & blade was very good. Easy smooth and efficient enough in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230717_071741.jpg

I couldn't buy my VI-JOHN locally, but it was still very affordable .I have the Icy Mint and the Fruit Fusion. The Fruit Fusion is kind of like shaving with Juicy Fruit chewing gum. I enjoy them both.
fla
Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Hey, thanks! I am glad you enjoy using this shave cream. I will try other flavors like Fruit Fusion and Musk too. There's a premium type but very rare.

Razor: Karve Overlander Stainless Steel
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Lather: Spearhead Seaforth Heather
Aftershave: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth Heather Splash
Additional Care:
Humphreys Lavender Witch Hazel
Osma Tradition Alum Block
f4163abb5320c5e2078c2cd50b5ef1d4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

17 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Went back @Dragonsbeard / ETHOS Grooming Essentials and his "Bergamotto" soap & splash set from the Italia Collection. Great scent with a nice spicy citrus top and light florals. Excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with the matching skin food splash & lotion and Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bergamotto" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bergamotto" Skin Food Splash & Lotion / Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT

IMG-2716.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: WCS Slant/Weber Bulldog
Blade: Super Iridium (D1)
Brush: Zenith H1 Horse 28mm
Bowl: TW 3D Printed
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Yeti Snot
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Alcolado Glacial
Would have been cool if the soap label had a picture of a yeti blowing his nose into a handkerchief 🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back