The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Martin de Candre "Agrumes" shave soap. Great lemon / citrus scent with excellent lather built with the Semogue SOC badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Myrsol "Agua De Limón" after shave splash & Acqua di Parma "Colonia Essenza" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Martin de Candre "Agrumes" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Finest Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Myrsol "Agua De Limón" After Shave Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia Essenza" EdC

IMG-2725.jpg

7.19.23, Semogue boar, MdC, Karve b plate, Personna lab blue.

View attachment 115494
giphy.gif

Thursday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: iKon DLC Slant/TiBam Titan 90mm Brass
Blade: Super Iridium (D4)
Brush: Semogue 2019 Barbear Classico LE Badger/Boar 26mm
Bowl: Georgetown 4.5” Opal-Iron-Rim
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Cream: Prohibition Style Capone's Bayrum
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Extro Bay Rum Artigianale

Dollar General Shavley TTO $7 Feather blade vs Target Van DerHagen TTO $17 Feather blade.
Tabac Shave soap and balm
Yaqi Atlantis 24 mm brush
Both razors look almost alike except for the TTO knob on handle of Shavley is longer. Both open and close smoothly. They are not the same Shave wise. The Shavley is much milder. I like aggressive razors, got impatient with the Shavely and nicked myself by starting to press harder to try to make it Shave better. That's a no no!
Like the Van Der hagen better more of a medium aggressive razor, better blade feel helps keep impatience down where the Shavley had little blade feel. So for me between these 2, the Van Der hagen wins. The Shavley would probably be a good beginner razor for the price you wouldn't be out much money, if you decided wet shaving wasn't for you.
20230719_185200.jpg

Wed 19
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Rhino Stainless
Aftershave Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice enough soap with good lather qualities and a very light scent.
Today's shave with this razor paired with the awesome blade was very good. The blade feels really smooth and crisp...similar to the Nacet...wow!! 3 efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...super!
20230719_224425.jpg

Razor: Carbon Cx-316L
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Lather: Noble Otter Barrbarr
Aftershave: Noble Otter Barrbarr
Additional Care:
Humphreys Maravilla
Osma Tradition Alum Block
def9e0df1c8e44a40b2027fcc384930e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thu 20
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm, Purple Mink
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Jianyu Stainless 1st...Wow! (y)(y)(y)
Aftershave
TGS Sea Citrus
Good lather qualities from the soap... the splash nicely matches the scent.
The razor is reliable for a good shave; the rest depends on the blade. Today...tried this blade and wow...I am blown away again...how can this blade be so good! At my usual set 9, I enjoyed 3 silky smooth, comfortable, and very efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...

20230720_151314.jpg

20 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Wonderful, "lime-a-licious" today. Went back to the excellent "Lime" shave soap from Mike's Natural Soaps. Fantastic lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Phoenix Shaving "META-4" and I finished with some vintage Shulton Old Spice "Fresh Lime" after shave lotion and P&G "Old Spice" EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Mike's Natural Soaps "Lime" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST Badger / PAA "META-4" Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Shulton Old Spice "Fresh Lime After Shave Lotion / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG-2732.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back